Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: state parks closing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default state parks closing?

I was looking up alamo lake and got to the website and read the state is closing the park in june??? WTH is up with that!!??

does that mean the lake is being closed too or just the store and camping areas,

I used to live in Az and my wifes family is there, we always take vacation every year to go back out there and a weekend fishing trip to alamo is tradition.

I hope Arizonans are are yelling and screaming loud enuff to stop the insanity of closing YOUR state parks. thats just crazy and piss poor government
    ugliest crappie you ever seen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw View Post
    I hope Arizonans are are yelling and screaming loud enuff to stop the insanity of closing YOUR state parks. thats just crazy and piss poor government
    Yeah Johnny, You got that right! Not one of Arizona's finer monuments. Their taking $$ from the parks budget to allocate elsewhere. The state legislature even "stole" a substantial $$ donation made by a private individual's estate to the Arizona State Park system. Woman's $250,000 donation to Arizona parks gets poached - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com

Here is some info on the parks closing: Arizona State Parks: Home People are saying that when a park closes, all facilities will be unavailable to the public including campground, stores & even the park's lake access. We will have to wait and see exactly what happens.

Larry
    Da Bears...

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

They have been saying that you need to get your 4 x 4 and make your own launch on the side of the lake elsewhere,lol.I think I'll go out there on weekends and make some money pulling people out.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Da Bears...

Post Thanks / Like

That is just horrible!! what a waste

I mean really, how much could it cost to fund a lake that gets its water supply filled by mother nature, the fish feed them selves, the fish population is healthy and self replinishing, sooo the state would have to pay for what? trash removal?? lease out the store and campground to a private individual/s

Sorry I dont buy the excuse that the state doesnt have the money to keep its state parks open, theres other ways.

Post Thanks / Like

that wont close off all access, you can still go into the wytside inn and launch down there, its a dirt road but is not bad,
    Dick, Tonto Basin Az

Post Thanks / Like

ya i talked to my brother in law in pheonix, he said they werent closing the boat ramps just the camping and store,

Post Thanks / Like

I think G&F might take over the ramp.

Watch what will happen. For now they will close the park. Then when they re-open it the cost will be double. Its all BS and AZ anglers are red hot over this one. I work at Bass Pro Shops and hear it everyday.
    Bill Eveland

Arizona Crappie Association