Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: GRIZZ, have you seen this?

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default GRIZZ, have you seen this?

Gamma gets out 1/19/2010

Gamma Technologies is pulling out of the fishing-line business. The news was announced in a note to its pro staff, which stated that henceforth, Gamma would focus solely on its tennis division, where the company has been exceptionally strong for almost 3 decades.

Gamma's rise to fame was notable as it forced many line manufacturers to rethink and retool their own fluorocarbons.

Gamma's fishing-line endeavors began with Frog Hair leaders for fly-fishing. It then began to explore opportunities in bass fishing and attended the BassFan Top Gun Championship in 2005. There, many pros like Greg Hackney, Brent Chapman, Matt Herren and Jeff Kriet became familiar with the line and joined existing Gamma pro-staffers such as Dave Lefebre.

Despite its high price point of about $28 per spool, Gamma made significant inroads in the bass market, but things began to unravel when Gamma product-line and pro-staff manager Tom Ference was let go. Most of the pro staff was cut or chose to depart soon after.

"In light of this decision Gamma Technologies is not offering sponsorships for 2010 and effective immediately all existing agreements are canceled," the note read.

Got any Gamma? There's a good chance it might be worth more than you paid for it when current retail stocks run out. If you need to stock up, the BassFan Store still has it in stock.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer. Fortunately there are some good copolys out there, and if you don't mind looking around you can still get Sufix copoly in either the tritanium or promix varieties. There is also still McCoy, Triple Fish, and Vicious. All good lines worth using. I may have to try some of these new flouro's, but my initial testing really turned me off to it. There is a line I have had my eyes on called Hi-Seas White Lightning Micro-Thin Line. It's a I.G.F.A certified copoly that I have heard very good things about.

Thanks for the news Don.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Cabelas has had their Gamma line on sale in Bargain Cave since Dec thru Feb 1st. 3300 yard bulk spools reg. $89 for $49.99. guess its 2009 stock? but I got some feels good & strong, hope my little crappie up north here don't mind...I have really liked this line.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER