PDA

View Full Version : Hank Parker - Crappie Montgomery AL

rwindis
01-20-2010, 07:55 AM
I just happen to cath this Hank Parker show on Vesus. He's down near Montogmery AL on a private lake and wacks them. One after another and no small ones at all. Even he get tickled while catching these. Hope you get to see it. I've added the future schedule for this.

1/20 3:00 PM THE WATERS - PART 2 In his follow up to last week?s bass explosion, Hank reveals his techniques when it comes to some super crappie fishing.
1/23 11:00 AM THE WATERS - PART 2 In his follow up to last week?s bass explosion, Hank reveals his techniques when it comes to some super crappie fishing.
1/24 7:30 AM THE WATERS - PART 2 In his follow up to last week?s bass explosion, Hank reveals his techniques when it comes to some super crappie fishing.

Sandwich Maker
01-20-2010, 05:12 PM
I like Hank and I like to watch crappie shows. Thanks!!!

fishincrazy
01-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Versus?

rocket rich
01-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Seen That Today, Don't You Think They Culled To Make A Good Show?? I Think So?? But What Do I Know, Right???

drill instructor
01-20-2010, 06:44 PM
I saw that show, he sure was wearing them out. I would love to troll that lake and get rid of those crappie for them.

shipahoy41
01-20-2010, 06:48 PM
I wish he was on other channels. Versus is not on my tier. I chose the Outfoor channel instead.

chaunc
01-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Seen That Today, Don't You Think They Culled To Make A Good Show?? I Think So?? But What Do I Know, Right???

Who cares? :D When you got the hammer pounding like that.... JUST KEEP POUNDING. Too bad that's a private lake.:(

rocket rich
01-20-2010, 07:09 PM
No It''s A Good Thing It's Private Or Else It Wouldn't Have All Those Good Fish. Conservation Is The Name Of The Game.

Fatman
01-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the update, I can't wait to see it!!!

Fatman

GCD
01-20-2010, 10:08 PM

Yeah, I think they call that editing or something.

The thing about TV fishin' shows...

The show is a year old before you get to see it for the first time.

A lot of them fish those "no name" lakes with fish stacked up in them like cord wood so they don't have to spend a week on the water just to get enough fish footage for a 20 minute segment.

They don't tell you they had to fish the lake for 3 days before the fish turned on.

If they do fish public water, it's always with a guide... ol' "Bubba Whatshisface" their good buddy and life long friend that they just met this week!

They made that show to sell ou that particular lure they used that day... plus the whack of other paraphanelia they want to sell you in the commercials that take up 1/3 of the show.

They make 16 shows per season and rerun them over and over to brainwash you into buying they're products.

siscokid
01-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Say what you want those crappie looked like footballs. That woulda been a blast. I'm a huge Hank Parker fan and don't recall ever seeing him catch a crappie before. That was great.

wannabe fisherman
01-21-2010, 06:48 AM
Versus?

it's a sports channel on cable or satellite . it's 549 on insight in Louisville KY

fultondalecrappie
01-21-2010, 09:19 AM
I wish direct tv still had versus

STUMP HUNTER
01-21-2010, 10:03 AM

Me also!!!!:mad: watched some good shows for the little time we had the channel :cool:

Locator79
01-21-2010, 11:54 AM

3rd......Losing versus is my only regret from switching to Direct TV.

CrappieKillerJigs
01-21-2010, 12:17 PM
those slabs sure was lil footballs...i got Dish Network and its channel 151 here

brushman
01-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Once watched the Linders film a winter crappie pattern in KS.Fish were stacked like cord wood in river channel where there were about 75 boats fishing. Linders moved in channel caught fish put in livewell and moved way out in lake away from eveyone . Pulled fish out of livewell, put them on his line and resumed catching the ones he already caught. when the show aired they looked like fishing gods ,the only ones on the water and slaughtering big crappies.

The Lip RIPPERS
01-21-2010, 08:07 PM
I think Hank Parker is a good fisherman. I cant say if they shot it over 3 days or not. I do know Jimmy Houston can catch crappie, if you saw the show with him and Wally you know what I mean.....Wally got took to the woodshed!

skeetbum
01-22-2010, 07:54 AM
Don't know if I'll catch the show, but I've had a few days where I could do no wrong. Caught 75, kept my 15 limit and had the boat on the trailer before 11am. Sometimes ir just works. The shows have become an avenue to hawk products to us, and some are just plain hard to watch because of this. Gadabout Gaddis, Curt Gowdy, Virgil Ward, Those were shows. And I'm showing my age. Some of the new shows teach but the majority just dont git it.

roybuoy
01-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Skeetbum those were the show of there time.And we are both showing our age.

Ferdi
01-23-2010, 12:02 AM
I wish he was on other channels. Versus is not on my tier. I chose the Outfoor channel instead.

I don't get the Versus channel ant longer either but I found that you can watch his show on line. Check out this URL Ferdi aka Fred

Hank Parker Outdoor Magazine Fishing TV Show (http://www.versuscountry.com/hunting-and-fishing-tv-shows/hank-parker-outdoor-magazine.aspx) :D

gabulldog
01-23-2010, 08:09 AM
ok so 99% of the shows are tryin to sell ya something ok so you know that when ya turn them on some are better at teaching then others but if im watching them i watch to just see fish being cought and sometimes i see them doin it in a away thats new to me so i learn a lil bit
as for hank parker well i have meet him and he is a dang nice guy and i saw one of his shows where every year he does a big famly fishing day with all his kids and all his grand kids they fish they cook out and they make a big time of it the best part of the show was he was talking about geting rods for his grand kids he sit there and said im a pure fishing sponsered fisherman and i allways try to use there stuff but my to grand babys wanted pink barbie doll fishing rods and well pure dont make them or have them but there for my grand babys and my sponsers will just have to get over it lol and ya know what im sure they did lol

Ferdi
01-23-2010, 11:21 AM
I don't get the Versus channel ant longer either but I found that you can watch his show on line. Check out this URL Ferdi aka Fred

Hank Parker Outdoor Magazine Fishing TV Show (http://www.versuscountry.com/hunting-and-fishing-tv-shows/hank-parker-outdoor-magazine.aspx) :D

Sorry for the wrong information folks. I couldn't get the TV show to play at the correct times. I can only hope that they will let it play sometime. Right now I guess Direct TV is right in the respect that they are gonna rip anyone a new one like they tried to do to others.
Again I apoligise for the wrong information to watch the programs. Ferdi aka Fred:confused:

Flat Foot
01-23-2010, 07:46 PM
I like to watch Hank Parker fish but I mute him cause I can't stand that whinny voice of his. He sounds like a teen age girl when he catches a fish

Fatman
01-23-2010, 09:45 PM
Made sure to watch and man what a load of slabs!!!!!!!!!!! but for the homeowners assoc. to want everyone to keep every single one and make the lake for largemouth only.

I'd love a lake like that producing great crappie fishing. I did like Hanks comments that he'd love to have his grand kids on that lake fishing for them.

Fatman

NIMROD
01-24-2010, 10:46 AM
I perfer to see shows on public waters not on over stocked private areas only the rich have access to. Not knocking Hank or Berkly but the show almost sounded like an infomercial for powerbait.:rolleyes:

c1bigocarp
01-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Has Hank been taking lessons from Bill Dance? Seems as if he is always on private lakes also. Virgil Ward, Curt Gowdy? You are old. Sure does beat watching an NBA game!

Flatwater
01-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Did ya notice Hank put all the crappie in the box.
The big name fisherman never keep fish.
I know he had a good dinner that day, Hank and his kids are a riot, I enjoy there show. And he says, " I got to remember this spot" he was truely excited.