Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions about boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Questions about boat

Does anyone here own a G3 aluminum boat, or know someone who does? I was seriously considering buying one early next year and would like to know if they are good boats and if your satisfied with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default G3

G3 boats are owned by Yamaha, so I'm sure they are a quality product. You know the term location, location, location that's used in real estate? Well with a boat it's dealer, dealer, dealer! It doesn't matter how good a boats reputation is if you don't have a good dealer nearby to service your needs. Talk to some customers who have dealt with the dealership you are choosing and get their responses. How long a wait for service, does he have a good parts stocks, etc. The boat and motor with the best reputation in the world won't be worth a crap if the dealer says he can't fit you in for 2 weeks, and when he does, he says it will take another couple weeks to get the part he needs.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a G3. It is a 2001 model but I didn't buy it new. The fellow that I bought it from was getting married and needed the money. It has a 1998 Yamaha 60 HP. The G3 replaced the boat in 2001 because some welds came loose. It came from Madisonville Marine here in East Tennessee and they are good people to deal with. I have really enjoy it. I got it in August, 2002. Thanks, Conner

Post Thanks / Like

Default g3 boats

I seriously looked at a g3 before I got my tracker 185. The only thing about the g3 i didn't like in that year model was the white painted aluminum hull. The previous post about boat service is right on the money though. Make sure you check with other people to see how well the service dept is at the dealer you are getting the boat from. I bought my tracker at bass pro shops in concord, nc. The first 3 times i had it in for small services it was great. the last time i took the boat in for some livewell issues they kept the damned thing for 7 weeks after telling me it would take a week to fix. it took two letters to get the mess straightened out. One to the store manager and one to the basspro district manager. be careful who you buy from.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good advice about checking out the Tracker Dealership before buying from them

I have read some stories about some tracker dealerships that were not so good to people. Some others were great. So I would also suggest that you talk to others who have dealt with any dealership before making a pucrhase. That suggestion would apply to any dealership not just the trackers.

I think that Tracker Boats are popular and that there are many sold so there may be more stories (GOOD and BAD) about them since there are more people who have them.

One thing about owning an aluminum boat is that you will have to have it welded eventually. My dealership for my Fishermarine Water Strider III never did repond to my broken rivet problems and pointed me to another place that could weld the holes in my boat where rivet heads actually popped off leaving a 1/4" diam hole in the boat below the water line. I have had a welded seam break and I almost lost my boat a few years ago. I managed to get the water out of my boat by getting up to speed and pulling the plugs out of the back of the boat to drain the water out. I almost was not able to get up on plane as I had so much water inside my boat that time. I was lucky that day.

Quote Originally Posted by tool
    I seriously looked at a g3 before I got my tracker 185. The only thing about the g3 i didn't like in that year model was the white painted aluminum hull. The previous post about boat service is right on the money though. Make sure you check with other people to see how well the service dept is at the dealer you are getting the boat from. I bought my tracker at bass pro shops in concord, nc. The first 3 times i had it in for small services it was great. the last time i took the boat in for some livewell issues they kept the damned thing for 7 weeks after telling me it would take a week to fix. it took two letters to get the mess straightened out. One to the store manager and one to the basspro district manager. be careful who you buy from.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    Does anyone here own a G3 aluminum boat, or know someone who does? I was seriously considering buying one early next year and would like to know if they are good boats and if your satisfied with it.
    I have a G3 Pontoon boat and so far I like it just fine.

However I don't know where you live, but I saw a Aluminum boat a few weeks ago that was the best looking and strongest Aluminum boat I have ever seen. It is made to order for you, but it is made in SE Texas. It was a 18' with a 75 HP 4 stroke motor and the guy that has it is a commercial fishermen.

If you are interested let me know and I will get you the info on how to contact the boat Mfg.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

If you're gonna get a boat..........

Post Thanks / Like

Default A little off subject...

Hey Big Zig, that graphic reminds me of what Hank Williams Jr has on the sides of his boat. You can bump into him down on Kentucky lake from time to time. BTW, not positive for sure, but I've been told that Kid Rock is Jr's son! A guy I know swears that he talked to him on Hank's boat last year.

We also have a local boat manufacturer that specializes in all welded boats which are made to order. They use very thick gauge materials. Many clammer's get their boats made their (need to be heavy duty) and they would make an awesome Crappie boat! I can post their info, if anyone is interested. They do excellent work, but are pricey though.

About G3 boats - My tournament partner and I are attempting to become sponsored into a G3 boat. My partner is convinced it will be perfect for the types of patterns we normally fish. We will be saying goodbye to fiberglass pretty soon! I don't know really anything about them though, so I can't offer an opinion yet.

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rippa--how come you prefer aluminum over fiberglass?
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Kid Rock, aka Paul is not Jr.'s son. They grew to be close friends because Kid Rock credits Hank Jr. with some of the songs he listened to while growing up. Hank Jr. owns land in Cheatham County in Tennesse, that is why you see them together all the time. Check out the Redneck Woman video via Gretchen Wilson to see them both together , even though believe it or not i am not a country music lover. I only tolerate it.www.1059.comwww.1029thebuzz.com
    Last edited by fatboy; 09-29-2004 at 05:51 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast