Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about a fish finder..Good deal? Any experience?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Question about a fish finder..Good deal? Any experience?

I am looking at a Humminbird fish finder it is a piranhamax 210. Was wondering if this was a decent one for around here and if anyone ever had any experience with one of these. Any info is appreciated.

Ive never used a fish finder before so im really not sure what to look for.

It is brand new in package with transducer for 80.00 is this a good deal

Humminbird PiranhaMax
    210 Fish Finder

Description

A BRAND NEW Humminbird PiranhaMax 210 Fish Finder.

Features:
    • Offers incredible ease of use with true, grayscale images and a host of convenient features
    • 20-degree, 200 kHz single-beam sonar optimized for coverage and precision bottom detail
    • Reliable down to a depth of 600 feet, and provides a target separation of only 2.5 inches
    • 3.875-inch FSTN LCD display with 160 x 132 lines of resolution in 4-level grayscale
    • Comes with XHS 9 20 T Transom Mount Transducer

Post Thanks / Like

Default need more....

You really need a higher grade finder if using it for anything more than depth.
    Where will you be fishing,how often, for what species and what will your budget allow are all factors in your decision. You can get alot for your if you know what to look for! JR
    Let's go Fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

Well ill be mostly fishing Stockton, Pomme de terre and occasionally Truman. Really not sure what I need other than depth detection and changes in structure. will be fishing for crappie and bass. I not really sure to look for in a fish finder, never had one. I wouldnt mind a used one if it was a better deal for the money spent. there are alot on ebay but I dont know which one is a good one. Ive looked around on the web and of course everyone boast theirs is the best so where do I go to get good info. I figured id go to where I knew I would get an honest answer so I posted here.

I also found a guy close to me that has a Eagle Cuda 168 with transducer and cable for 50.00 Is that one any better?

Any point in the right direction is appreciated. Oh and finances are deffinately a issue so im trying to keep that in mind. Thanks again guys.

Post Thanks / Like

rock_dog, pixcels,pixcels,pixcels!!!! The more ya have, the better the picture!!! Now you know more than most about graphs. Get the one with the most!!! The Eagle 480 is a treamendous unit for the bucks. JMHO <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

If ya gonnas spend big bucks get a HB 997 or 998.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, Ima only talking about spending $200. Just basic, kicka$$ picture. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

check out some lowrance products. and get color if you can, humminbird has good color units garmin has real nice sounders, get a color one if you can, like said before depends on what you want and what you expect to find with the unit, I spend way to much on junk like that so I got a good Idea what not to buy, so dont go cheap, save wait and get a good one jmtcw

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a plug for an under $200 finder. I've got the Humminbird 565. Good power, resolution, and features. See the link below:

Cabela's -- Humminbird Fishfinder 565
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

I too have heard good things about the 565. Never used one, though.
    Swan-Diving off the tongues of crippled giants

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polvo View Post
    I too have heard good things about the 565. Never used one, though.
    The best feature of the 565 compared to my original Piranhamax is that when the screens switches from different level views (15’ of water to 30’ of water to 60’ of water), the screen does not have to refresh. It adjusts what you just went over in relation to the new level of water instantly.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast