Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The auger was bib enough, but I lost my pole down the hole!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile The auger was bib enough, but I lost my pole down the hole!

We had a fun day at a pond we only fished one other time. As I ran toward the pole I watched it do the deep six throgh the hole. Gone. Like the Green Hornet in grumpy old men. It hurt. One breakoff, 3
    big crappie just under the holes before they got off . One crappie through the hole. Some big bluegill and 2 decent bass through the ice. All fish were caught on wax worms and minnows/teardrop combo's. When the wind came up, very few bites...my boy caught 6 in about 10 min when we first got there. Fun fun fun for January! The hot color was pink again today. All fish caught in 3-4 fow at 7 fow max. We also had a wolf come up to visit our setup. CKH.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch CKH. Wish I could be out there again. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thats Expensive

Nice catch. but things must be more costly there ,we usually throw quarters in when we cant buy a bite down this way.

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch sorry to hear about your rod maybe you will snag the line next time you go out and catch the fish that stole your pole to.
    love to fish and make soft plastics

Post Thanks / Like

nice gills. what part of the great cornhusker state are you fishing? is that a drathaar?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks EB and all. I found out last night that my buddies uncle lives at BL. Maybie we can get together there sometime. I used the dollar cause putting the fish too close to the tip-up is dangerous as the can flop down the hole. It only happened 1 other time with the pole. It was clear ice 5 inches and the buddies brand new one went in. It was a wooden one with a plastic reel as the one in the picture. We followed it around the ice on the shallow pond, waited awhile, drilled a hole and were able to get it and the fish (9 inch gill). True luck! dwaw, we fish the eastern third of Neb, with locations north and south and some along the Platte (sand pits). That is my 2nd German Wirehaired Pointer. She does well on ducks and upland. Not sure what fridays rain did to the ice, but with the recent thaw/freeze cycle....everyone please use caution on the ice. I feel the snows and turkeys calling already! CKH

Post Thanks / Like

looks like she's becoming a blue gill dog too. gotta love a dog w/fish breath. knew a guy in the lincoln/davie area that had quite a drathaar breeding program. jim brown was his name.

Post Thanks / Like

CKH, anytime you can make it down this way, give me a hollor, and we can get together and make a day of it on the lake. EB

Post Thanks / Like

judging from the pics you know what your doing if you could post some tips for catcing big fish like these i would appreciate it. as for you eager beaver i havnt seen any pics from you kinda looks like crappiekinghunter has his tactics nailed down compared to you

Post Thanks / Like

slab slicer if you want to see my pics go into the archives and you will see that I don't brag about what I catch. I got a new computer and haven't figured out how to post pictures on it yet. Most guys on this site will atest to my ability to catch fish.
    We will wait to see your pictures of your catches in the future here also. Good luck and good fishing. EB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast