Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spike It

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spike It

Has anyone tried the Spike It minnow dye? I got some from Bass Pro Shops today and I am a little worried about the garlic scent. I definitly don't want to spill any in my boat. I got the chartruse dye and plan on trying it this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Evertime I use that stuff,,,Ima hungry for Italian:D:D:D I use it to color-up white plastics. I just dip the tail or head in and start fishing. Keep the lid tight. Another use for it, I use Power Pro braid in hi-vis yellow. The color fades out. I dip a Q-tip in it, then spread it out over the spool of line. Back to hi-vis yellow. Don't worry about the garlic sent!!! There are baits out, with that sent already on them. Haven't tried it on toast <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

I use it to brighten the tails of my jigs. Also be careful when use it. Held the bottle in one hand and used the other to dip. Something caused me to jerk, and I spilled some on my fiberglass. Rusty at LTL ordered me a small bottle of cleaner made for this accident. While driving home I thought about the problem and came up with using a pvc cap, 1 1/2, filing the round part flat, drilling 1/8" hole in the bottom and then using a self tapping screw, mount to the top of my console. This way it is stable and I should not spill any of it. Let me know if you have any ideas. Going to Lowes tomorrow and buy me a couple and install. Will take a picture and post here.

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

i have tryed the red and it seemed to wash off very easy and then spilled the rest in my boat but i got alum floors but everytime it rains it looks like blood draining out the back of the boat
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I die some soft plastics, like tails on worms for bass and know this if you put them ones you have done in a plastic bag you better keep all the tail together or that stuff will die pats you don't want done.

Good stuff and as long as you use them right then, there will be no problems most likely.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried the minnow dye, but I use the soft plastics dye a lot. I believe the garlic scent masks any odors I might put on the jig like cigarette smoke and sweat and stuff.

Let us know how the minnow dye works!

They sell a neutralizer for cleaning up spills... I need to get some of that stuff!
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-18-2010 at 08:38 AM.