Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best rod holders?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best rod holders?

Ive got a 17 foot aluminum flat bottom boat that i need rod holders for. Im looking for holders to go on the front to tight line with. What are the best holders for that. (boat sits low in the water)

Post Thanks / Like

UNCfan, my personal preferance for rod holders is the BEE-READY adjustables. Check them out at proanglertackle.com. I tried Driftmasters on homemade T-bars that worked well, but after I fished with a friend that had the BEE-READY's on his boat I immediatley ordered a set for my boat. I think it is the best money I have ever spent on fishing accessories.

Kellog

Post Thanks / Like

Contact Ed at Southern Crappie Rods 704 784 1723 or .com on web,with being local you can see all he has to offer.His rod holders are the best around,almost all tour. fisherman use his.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UNCfan View Post
    Ive got a 17 foot aluminum flat bottom boat that i need rod holders for. Im looking for holders to go on the front to tight line with. What are the best holders for that. (boat sits low in the water)
    I have 12 Tite-lock adjustable rod holders on 3 t-bars with mounts for sell (cheap) if you would be interested. I switched to the hy-tec holders. I know this is not the classifieds. I just wanted to let you know. Sending a PM. Chuck.
    Capt.C........Life's short. Be a friend. Eat good. Have fun and fish hard!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Kellog %100%--my money goes to Bee-Ready. It's worth it. They are low profile so they rarely get in the way or grab wayward line. I can grab a rod out of the holders exceptionally quick. The structure is made of sturdy, sleek aluminum. Where there is plastic, there is indestructible plastic. All the nuts and bolts are nuthin' but stainless. They are strong enough even for the Big Cats. Plus they look great on the boat! If everyone fished with rod holders, our President would seek to impose a Cadillac Tax on Bee-Ready's!

My $000,000,000.02 worth

Jeremy
    I wasn't born here, but I got here as fast as I could

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crataegus View Post
    I'm with Kellog %100%--my money goes to Bee-Ready. It's worth it. They are low profile so they rarely get in the way or grab wayward line. I can grab a rod out of the holders exceptionally quick. The structure is made of sturdy, sleek aluminum. Where there is plastic, there is indestructible plastic. All the nuts and bolts are nuthin' but stainless. They are strong enough even for the Big Cats. Plus they look great on the boat! If everyone fished with rod holders, our President would seek to impose a Cadillac Tax on Bee-Ready's!

My $000,000,000.02 worth

Jeremy
    How did the motor do Crat?

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Matter of opinion.

This question is like asking what is the best car on the road. You will get many opinions. So here is my opinion. As a guide for many species of fish and not just crappie, I must use rod holders that are very adaptable. They must be strong enough for stripers and catfish with heavier rods and reels but also able to handle light rods and reels for crappie fishing. My choice has been the Driftmaster Trolling Bars. They are easy to adapt to heavy fishing or light fishing. You can angle them for trolling long distance for stripers or for fishing straight down with live bait. They will also hold your rod securely during these angle adjustments. Another thing about them is you can change to different types of rod holders for specialized fishing such as the 45 degree type. There are types for cradling your baitcaster reels if that is what you are using and even rod resters for standing your rods straight up for moving from place to place. This is important for me. By the way Crappie.com members get a discount on my website if they call me.

So there is my opinion. If you are interested you can check them out at Extreme Fishing Concepts which is here in Lexington, NC. Good Luck.
    Last edited by Yadkin Guide; 01-17-2010 at 09:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

PopPop, just posted that
    I wasn't born here, but I got here as fast as I could

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default He did not post my opinion

I believe if you will read my post again you will find issues that he did not mention. I guess then he did not just say that. :rolleyes: By the way, Crappie.com members get a discount if they call me and ask.

Yadkin Guide

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yadkin Guide View Post
    I believe if you will read my post again you will find issues that he did not mention. I guess then he did not just say that. :rolleyes: By the way, Crappie.com members get a discount if they call me and ask.

Yadkin Guide
    Yadkin Guide, before you get all upset about your opinion you should follow the post. Crat was talking to poppop about his motor.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast