Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Below Truman 1/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Below Truman 1/16

Unless u had cabin fever and just want to get out, Ranger and I went this am and the fishing part was very, very bad, only managed one white bass and not even a dink crappie, lot of boats at the ramp, we counted 10 or more pickups there, didn't see or talk to anyone that had caught anything, but at least we got out and managed to throw road spray all over the boat and pickup pulling along the road........ now I got something to do instead of clean fish............ clean the boat........ don't care, just glad we got out, nice morning no wind, little fog......... wife said if I didn't get out and go, she was going down to Truman and drill me some holes to fish in the ice....... guess I was getting a little on her nerves............:D If you go and catch some good luck to you and you have been blessed with a bonus......... maybe another week the main lake will open up....... sure hope so........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Not what you hoped for, but hey, you caught a fish! Thats better than I have done the last few times.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

There is Nascar back on the Speed Channel at 3 pm today. PW58 and I went out and got another pot to put the baked beans in for camp. I want to make sure there is enough for everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

way to give it a crappy try monty and ranger good times they are a commin

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you two got out. Looks like some very nice weather still to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again OSS, good getting out, now bring on the football.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default not worth another thread

crappies r us and I picked up where oss left off. we met up with him on our way out as they were headed in. we didn't catch a single fish below the dam from 11-2...picked up the last available 8' ozark rod from the c store in tightwad, so it wasn't all for nothing :-)
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I drove out by Monty's office this morning and finally saw some open water. All the way back in the campground there is a little parking lot and a very short walk to a little section of bluff. Most of it was clear of ice. There was one guy down there fishing and another getting ready to walk on down. May have to give it a try in the morning after work. Main lake still froze up.

Post Thanks / Like

well monty if your not catchin them the fish must be biting!!! thanks for the report!

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to go down there, I plugged my onboard battery charger in Friday night and I checked it Saturday and the thing must of burnt up, no lights no nothing. After charging my batteries with a regular battery charger I found out one of them was going bad so I go out and by two batteries, by that time it was getting pretty late in the afternoon so I just went bought some beer and watched the football playoffs. Sounds like I didn't miss much!!!
    I'll be down there next Friday if it's not raining.