Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Acton - Friday 9/24

Post Thanks / Like

Default Acton - Friday 9/24

Fishing picked up a little more on Friday. Several days of stable weather probably helped.
    We found numerous crappie along the west side of the channel at all depths in 12 - 16 feet of water. It looked like they're starting to move into the shallower spots to feed some now.
    Rick - If you can get south of the Sugar Camp past the island early or late in the day, you might find some decent sized crappie. You'll need to cast pretty far out, but I think they're starting to get back in reach of shore. I caught a nice 11 incher in that area on a micro craw tipped with a waxie. The others ran between 7 and 9 inches and most of those were picked up while trolling a crappie slider while looking for active fish.

The channel cats are still bitng good on crawlers and minnows. Three came home for the freezer.

A side note- when we dumped the leftover minnows into our bait tank Friday, we found we had a tadpole madtom in with them. Sure glad we hadn't reached into the bucket for a minnow with our bare hands. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Roberta on Acton lake!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta
    Fishing picked up a little more on Friday. Several days of stable weather probably helped.
    We found numerous crappie along the west side of the channel at all depths in 12 - 16 feet of water. It looked like they're starting to move into the shallower spots to feed some now.
    Rick - If you can get south of the Sugar Camp past the island early or late in the day, you might find some decent sized crappie. You'll need to cast pretty far out, but I think they're starting to get back in reach of shore. I caught a nice 11 incher in that area on a micro craw tipped with a waxie. The others ran between 7 and 9 inches and most of those were picked up while trolling a crappie slider while looking for active fish.

The channel cats are still bitng good on crawlers and minnows. Three came home for the freezer.

A side note- when we dumped the leftover minnows into our bait tank Friday, we found we had a tadpole madtom in with them. Sure glad we hadn't reached into the bucket for a minnow with our bare hands. - Roberta
    Thanks Roberta, I'm heading over to Caesers Creek Wednesday evening to drift fish with a buddy off of his pontoon. I'll try to also get my boat out afterward but I have a sneaking feeling I won't be able to before my eye surgery next monday - with working, and a boxing show in between. Oh yeah, and the diapers I'm changing at home.Thanks again for the info!!!!
    "Boy I sure miss catching Crappie!"
    Rick.
    "Keep your gloves up guys! I didn't - see my eye?" "Yeah yuk! I agree."
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boxingref_rick
    Thanks Roberta, I'm heading over to Caesers Creek Wednesday evening to drift fish with a buddy off of his pontoon. I'll try to also get my boat out afterward but I have a sneaking feeling I won't be able to before my eye surgery next monday - with working, and a boxing show in between. Oh yeah, and the diapers I'm changing at home.Thanks again for the info!!!!
    Rick.
    Rick.
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Be sure to give us a report.

Rick - What kind of boat did you get? Last Iknew, you were shorebound. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern