Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help....daughter broke my favorite rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need help....daughter broke my favorite rod.

I was relineing my reels when my 2 year old daughter decided to run thru my den where i had all of my rods laid out. well luck be it she stepped on my favorite fly rod that i use as my bluegill and crappie pole. I really like this pole and she snapped it about 4 inches from the end. Please tell me there is a way to fix this.....any advise would help! My wife paid alot of money for this pole a few years ago and it means alot to me and as im sure yall know its hard not to yell at the kids but I managed to keep my cool. Just told my daughter it was ok but she could tell i was mad and she cried so i had to stop everything and watch spongebob with her. Her answer was dad I know you can fix it! so come on somebody please help me out.....

Post Thanks / Like

This thread had a couple of places and phone numbers in the KC area.
    Good luck.
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/misso...d-rod-man.html
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

My advice if you can't find something in the other thread would be to take the broken rod section to bass pro or cabelas. They should have plenty of repair components and taking the broken section will ensure that you get the right size replacement tip. I would just get a new end guide and put it on. Been in your shoes and I commend you for keeping your cool and watching spongebob for a while. A pole can be fixed or replaced but it can take years to get a kid to enjoy fishing if they are afraid they will break something and make you mad.
    Opinions are like A-holes, everybody has one and some stink worse than others!

Post Thanks / Like

Take a trip to springfield bass pro. outdoor rod & reel repair.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmanmo View Post
    Take a trip to springfield bass pro. outdoor rod & reel repair.
    I second Buzzy on this one. I have watched plenty of Dora with my youngest here lately. The good ol terrible two's.

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt you can piece it together, but they probably have a tip you can glue on the end, just take sharp,real sharp knife or box cutter and lay rod on table, news paper under rod, cut off clean scrape just lightly to remove schelac, and glue new tip on I have several rods with replacement tips, order the tip or go to bass pro.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like you are hard on tips beagle.

Post Thanks / Like

something like that

Post Thanks / Like

Well Jiggin' with all of that Dora you should be getting pretty fluent in espanol! I watch a lot of it with my kids as well. Handy Manny is pretty cool though!!

Post Thanks / Like

Get a hold of the "Rod Doc" on the KS board. BD Ehler is one of the BEST rod builder/repairer in this area. Sounds like you got a investment rod and it requires the best care in repairing. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast