Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Table Rock Lake, Lake Taneycomo or Bull Shoals

Post Thanks / Like

Default Table Rock Lake, Lake Taneycomo or Bull Shoals

We may head to Branson in February and I thought about trying to get out and fish some. Do you all know of a good fishing guide for Table Rock Lake, Lake Taneycomo or Bull Shoals?? Or even which lake you think is best? Striper, white bass and of course crappie preferred. I searched the interweb and found some, but you never really know how good a guide may be. Thanks
    Swan-Diving off the tongues of crippled giants

Post Thanks / Like

only suggestion I have is dont go to table rock. and I know nothing else about the other two. on a serious note though. get ahold of kit papermouth. he knows some areas arround where his dad lives. close to branson. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I think taney is best for trout... not sure about table rock... bull shoals used to be great, assume it's still decent

just reread what I wrote - a lot of help I am :p

Post Thanks / Like

I would go check out below Power Site dam, thats below Taneycomo upper end of Bull Shoals, trout, white bass, stripers, hybrids, and walleyes might be a crappie or two not too far from Branson.

Post Thanks / Like

Really, not Table Rock? I've heard mixed reviews, but I thought it might be one of those lakes that is just hard to figure out. It is said to be a thriving fishery (I think).

Post Thanks / Like

Tanney is the way to go for trout.

Post Thanks / Like

Feb. may be "iffy". Weather changes fast, will be cold.
    The Rock is fine if you know it. If you don't fish it a lot it's tough. Gin clear water. Get a guide. Bass, crappie, some walleye.
    The upper portion of Taneycomo (closest to the dam) is a cold water trout lake. BIG browns & rainbow if you can get your bait in front of one. You need a boat, most fish are caught drift fishing. Again, a guide. Try Fall Creek Dock. Lower part where the water is warmer has bass, etc. Same deal, need a boat.
    Bull Shoals is similar to The Rock. Clear water. But the fishing is different. Same deal, if you don't fish it a lot you would be best served with a guide.
    The earlier post about below Powersite Dam is legit. The old Pothole there is legendary. Have not been there in years.
    Sorry, I can't recommend a guide. But there are several good ones in the Branson area and it shouldn't take much asking around to find one. There is a Bass Pro Shop in Branson Landing and they offer guide services. Or, again, Fall Creek Dock for trout, they may have a website.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

table rock has fallen on hard times of late last two years the crappie fishing has be bad real bad, I fish flat creek,james river, kings river and white river arms, we were slaying them three years ago then the big flood. washed away most of our brush, changed the water scape, knocked most of the trees down, it has been rough, I only live 25miles from the rock and I drive to stockton to fish, now I will try table rock again and search some fishing sites, but not before april, I hear bull shoals is a good spot for crappie, frosty and a couple others can give you some tips on bull shoals, If I hear of any fish being caught on tablerock I will post it and pm you to let you know. later and good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle, have you tried above Kimberling City, Mill Creek, Big & Little Cow, Big & Little Indian? Out of Cape Fair - Piney Creek?
    I used to do good in Piney toward the back, been a couple years since I've fished it.
    Just thoughts that popped into my head. It happens sometimes. :rolleyes:
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the help guys! I'll most likely hit the Rock for convenience. I just need to find a kick-a$$ guide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast