Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anybody use Lindy X-change jigs for long-lining?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody use Lindy X-change jigs for long-lining?

I want to try long-lining once this cold weather passes. Seems like these X-change jigs would be perfect. I'm thinking I'll start with a 1/16th rr on the end of the line and an X-change hook with no weight tied with a loop knot 12-18 inches up the line. If I want to get deeper or troll faster but maintain the same depth all I would have to do is snap on a weight on the X-change hook, 1/16th, 1/8th, or 1/4 depending on how deep or fast I want to troll. For shallower water I would replac the 1/16th rr with a 1/32 Charlie Brewer slider.
    I got 350 heads on a 305 engine.
    I get 6 miles to the gallon.
    I aint got no good intentions.

Post Thanks / Like

we use them alil around here but mostly for walleye/sauger fishing....
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I think they will work great. I just ordered a bunch of them with that very thing in mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abarkley View Post
    I think they will work great. I just ordered a bunch of them with that very thing in mind.

Only drawback I see is that the smallest of the interchangeable heads is the 1/16th, but I dont see any reason you couldnt run them with no head, just the hook. I'm thinking I'll use them for the top jig in a double jig rig. With a conventional jig on a loop knot, if you wanted to go to a bigger or smaller jig you would have to re-tie the whole rig. With these you just snap off one head and replace it with another. If I want to go super shallow I can use a 1/32 on the end and run the lindy with no weight.

Post Thanks / Like

Default x-change jig

i have used these for crappie but not long lining. the weights change fast and stay on so it should work. i'll put a piece of tinsel or bucktail in the plastic groove and snap a 1/16th on to hold it tight. you can keep changing your look until they light up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default lindy

$4 a jig seem a lil steep, think id rather just use a 25 cent jig. I saw a vid on youtube and i wasnt impressed.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lindy

I have some on order think they will do just fine long lining. As far as not having a 1/32 you can control you depth by speed and amount of line out.

Post Thanks / Like

Cabelas has a kit with 20 hooks and 60 heads for 32 bucks and change. Still a little steep but not as bad as buying them individually. I agree that the master packs with 1 hook and 4 heads are priced way too high.

Post Thanks / Like

BigKyd, pm me. I will send you some out. Lindy is our sponsor. PM me your address, and I will send you some free. All I would ask for is a post/thread on your results and what you think.

No this was not a setup, I just jump in on occasion to give stuff away.

If anyone else would like to participate, pm me as well. I don't have a ton of the jigs, but I will give away what I have.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best