Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool Vacation Recommendations

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cool Vacation Recommendations

Hey,all - looking for some help and suggestions please.

We MAY try to take a short vacation this winter, probably mid to late february, and I'd like to find a spot that would cater to all our needs/wants. I would really like to find a place that I could get in a good day of great crappie fishing, but it also needs stuff to entertain the wife and kids, too.

We may or may not take the kids, but would really need to have attractions other than fishing - for the wife and/or kids.

Rustic towns with stuff to do? Bigger cities could work? Secluded cabin on the lake with a town near by? I'm open to any suggestions, but it just needs to have more than fishing to keep everyone entertained and occupied.

Also must be no more than an 8 hour drive from the St. Louis area. Really prefer 6 or less.

I would really like to hit Lake Eufaula and fish with Todd Huckabee, but I haven't seen much else to do in the area (family wise).

I guess the best case scenario would be a family oriented resort with lots of activities, on or near a good fishing lake. My wife mentiond the Wisconsin Dells because of the indoor water parks, but I don't think the fishing and other outdoor activities would be all that great in February.

I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

-Coop
    Swan-Diving off the tongues of crippled giants

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you could beat the Hot Springs Arkansas area. Take a look at Jerry Lake Greeson Arkansas Fishing Guide Hot Springs Crappie Fishing Charter Trip and
    Darryl's Hot Springs Arkansas Family Fishing Trips Guide Service with Darryl Morris sites.
    Both will put you on fish. The area is near the Diamond mines. The kids will enjoy digging for them. Both of the sights have area attractions on them.

Jerry/Darryl
    Second time today I have pasted your sites and times are getting rough in Central Arkansas!!!

DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

You ever been to Big Cedar Lodge on Table Rock Lake? It looks like it is around 6 hours from you. The place is really top notch and has lot's to do. You are also close to Branson for the activities for the kids and shopping for the wife. You can rent a boat there at the marina and let the wife and kids head to Branson while you fish. It works out great. Just a thought..

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polvo View Post
    Hey,all - looking for some help and suggestions please.

We MAY try to take a short vacation this winter, probably mid to late february, and I'd like to find a spot that would cater to all our needs/wants. I would really like to find a place that I could get in a good day of great crappie fishing, but it also needs stuff to entertain the wife and kids, too.

We may or may not take the kids, but would really need to have attractions other than fishing - for the wife and/or kids.

Rustic towns with stuff to do? Bigger cities could work? Secluded cabin on the lake with a town near by? I'm open to any suggestions, but it just needs to have more than fishing to keep everyone entertained and occupied.

Also must be no more than an 8 hour drive from the St. Louis area. Really prefer 6 or less.

I would really like to hit Lake Eufaula and fish with Todd Huckabee, but I haven't seen much else to do in the area (family wise).

I guess the best case scenario would be a family oriented resort with lots of activities, on or near a good fishing lake. My wife mentiond the Wisconsin Dells because of the indoor water parks, but I don't think the fishing and other outdoor activities would be all that great in February.

I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

-Coop
    I don't understand your signature????????
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mammoth Springs, AR is a neat little town to get away to for a day if you go down that way. It's right on the MO/AR border. I drive big trucks and when I meet one coming the other way in town, we both have to pull our mirrors in or they will connect. Wood sidewalks, rustic for sure last time I went thru there. Google it and see that it hasn't changed.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions, all! I'm looking into them.

Cane pole - Just something I thought was funny: Push Button Receive Bacon | Know Your Meme

Post Thanks / Like

Bump for more ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Default woodstock

i dont get it either.....did you attend woodstock????? :D just razzing you a little

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Are there any neat towns between Memphis and Sardis? Thoght about doing the Memphis area and fishing Sardis.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polvo View Post
    Are there any neat towns between Memphis and Sardis? Thoght about doing the Memphis area and fishing Sardis.
    I have lived in Memphis my entire life and cannot imagine anyone coming here for a vacation. Not unless you consider being mugged relaxing. As far as anything between Memphis and Sardis to do. Try the SkateAsia on the same road as the Dam Store. Looks real nice! Bottom line is unless your wife and kid's are looking to fish more than shop and explore you will be in trouble. This is just my opinion....The only place close to Sardis that would be half way nice is Oxford. There are several Bed and Breakfast type places that are really nice and the town is really nice..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast