Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best crappie waters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best crappie waters

who do you think has the best crappie waters in the us and why???? this should get some good conversation started......

Post Thanks / Like

This question gets asked a few times per week. Reelfoot Lake and South. Everybody has thier opinions on the big 4 in Mississippi. Alabama River. Wiess. Reelfoot and Ky Lake. Arkansas lakes. Louisiana. Texas. Southern states. Mississippi lakes probably have the biggest.

Post Thanks / Like

what makes these the top waters. is it the cover, water structure or they just constantly produce big papermouths.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to throw in Alamo, Rosevelt and San Carlos from AZ. All three of these lakes have a great numbers/sizes of Crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PBUG2009 View Post
    who do you think has the best crappie waters in the us and why???? this should get some good conversation started......
    Lake Eufaula in Ok. Posted to day in Ok. a crappie was couagh below the lake eufaula dam by tom blackburn that weighed 4 lb's and 11 oz.. confirmed the game ranger. that was a monster crappie no picks as of yet.:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

i think here in IL we have some great crappie fishing...no all huge but great numbers...
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot Lake

My wife and I went to Reelfoot last spring (09) and fished 3 days there, was the worst fishing trip I have ever been on...Never caught a crappie, in 3 days we caught maybe 10 fish.....and as usual we heard, "they should be biting better next week or they were sure biting good last week" Why do the fish never bite good the week you go fishing, it is always the week before or week after....we fished trees stumps, trees, around the cypress trees, drifted, trolled, casted, bobber fished, we did everything but tie the tackel box to a rope and throw that in, but no luck......I have heard storys of how great the fishing was on Reelfoot and for this fisherman, it was a dissapointment......trying Kentucky Lake this spring.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I know of a bunch of large fish have been caught just about everywhere at one time or another. MS has given up some nice ones in the recent past, and Jerry Blake in AR consistantly shows pics of good catches. I went to weiss in AL 2 springs ago and had a good trip, but just like fishin around here, the fish turned off at 10 am and no one could buy a bite after that. All you can do is base a trip on the reputation of the area and hope that the weather and other influeces cooperate. Good luck and have a good trip, wherever you go.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Any lake you happen to be fishing at the time. Any lake can produce a monster at anytime. We all can't fish the best lakes or they would be fished out in no time at all or seriously depleated. I never stress how good a lake is but if we can catch a fish in it. People always have a great time when I take them out no matter how many fish they catch. It isn't the size that counts but how much fun you have while there. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where?

Kentucky is probably all around best but you have to know where to go. I've had a cabin there for 15 years and just now the old guys are starting to show me how to read the weather and lake. It's big enough they are always biting somewhere. The trick is knowing where that is ........

Reelfoot comes and goes but it is best to use a guide for at least a day before finding you way around.
    I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast