PDA

View Full Version : Man you guys up North have got to stop

skiptomylu
01-10-2010, 11:30 AM
sending this really cold air down here into East Texas. Don't want this as some kind of regular winter for sure. I know you guys even get colder, but when it hits a low of 15-19 degrees 3-4 days in a row it's too much. I came back from Florida not only to get sick (grand kids gave this to me for Christmas, LOL) and before I could kick this crud the darn really colr stuff hits and the first night we lose power. Thank goodness it was only for about 6 hours, but still don't want any more.

You guys talking about fishing in this winter stuff and I am not even thinking about that at all. Tying jigs is as close as I will get for a while longer for sure. Guess I am getting too old for this stuff as I use to go fishing and duck hunting in this, but no longer for sure.

Skip

Beansguy
01-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Sorry about that Chief !!!
I know how you feel...if there was someway we could control the weather I'd be asking you to send up some of the warm stuff...
I used to look forward to getting out on the ice but my old (73) bones can't take the cold anymore...need a day around 32*F and no wind nowadays...

Herewego
01-10-2010, 12:06 PM
I agree older bones and cold weather don't mix anymore.

Billbob
01-10-2010, 12:26 PM
amen on that

Bob # 1
01-10-2010, 12:34 PM
All this whinning is going on deaf ears.

Take your complaints to El Gore

:D:D

skeetbum
01-10-2010, 12:45 PM
2 weeks with double Pneumonia last year cured me of all the tough guy stuff. Hit me hard. Don't mind the temps but like Beansguy said, it's gotta be just right. Looks like a break in it the end of the week. Hope it doesn't rain all weekend so I can get the boat wet. Got a lot of newly tied jigs to try.

GCD
01-10-2010, 12:55 PM
I know how you feel...if there was someway we could control the weather I'd be asking you to send up some of the warm stuff...
I used to look forward to getting out on the ice but my old (73) bones can't take the cold anymore...need a day around 32*F and no wind nowadays...

Hey Beansy! 32*F is still pretty cold for us rednecks!!!;)

I consider the 50's chilly, but bearable.

If y'all will close that Canadian front door y'all left open, I promise I'll send y'all some warm weather sometime around June.:D

I hope you find those Crappie thru the ice pretty soon, maybe Jack can show you where they are.:p

Crappiekiller3
01-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Yup! Count me in with the old guys and cold weather!!
70 years old and counting. last snow angel I made was 15 years ago!
Skip- here's something you might cash in on! Because I build and repair
rods and also tie jigs, many of my customers bring me fish caught thru the ice. Nothin yummier! They also save for me bucktails, coon tails, beaver. coyote, muskrat, bear, squirrel tails, and feathers. In return I fix the rods
or give em a few jigs!
So, growing old ain't all bad if ya got friends!!
I've always planned on a spring after winter and so far it's never failed, so I'll
keep busy tie and repairing until spring gets here.

oldwun
01-10-2010, 02:45 PM
I didn't realize we had some many 70+ dudes on this board. The cold weather did not bother me in years past. Just a few years ago I remember sitting in a ladder stand in North Al when it was 6 degrees. I spent 5 hours in that laddr and then when I got ready to head back to the cabin the Kawasaki Mule wouldn't start. I had to walk back. No problem. Two years ago I went sauger fishing Below Ft Loudon with a friend and it was 21 when we launched. Now I nearly freeze going out to start the truck. Gonna have to invest in some warmer clothes I guess.

skiptomylu
01-10-2010, 03:15 PM

Oh you mean this Global Warming stuff, LOL! Never more BS spread around than that. Anyone here watch that conspiracy theory about that?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Skeetbum, man you need to get one of them Pneumonia shots for real. I got that stuff two years in a row about 12 years back or so and got the shot and no more of it since. So get that shot for sure, because once you had it, it is easier to get again.

RCC
01-10-2010, 03:35 PM

We need to be Thankful for El Gore. If he hadn't invented gobal warming we would be in another ice age:D

Ken Jones
01-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Winter fish outing can be fun. Need to dress for the conditions. 71 years this feb. and still fishing year round. Going after crappie tomorrow temp. 30 degrees who cares. Will post results when I get back.

skiptomylu
01-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Winter fish outing can be fun. Need to dress for the conditions. 71 years this feb. and still fishing year round. Going after crappie tomorrow temp. 30 degrees who cares. Will post results when I get back.

Good for you and wish it didn't bother me as much as it does now. Didn't use to that much but even when young fishing when the morning is 17 or 19 is just too cold for me. Even hate running the boat then too.

I have plenty of crappie in my freezer to last longer than spring so it would be just to go and most of the crappie fishing here now is out in the river probably 50 miles North of me and not going to go battle for a spot with so many other boats.

jaxsprat
01-10-2010, 10:59 PM

:D Bob #1 you took thr words right outa me mouth :D:D Yep I had to call relatives in East Texas this morning just to ask them how they liked their FINE Fresh Northern Air:D:D Oh my my, my nephews were a whinning up a storm as I just rubbed it in..HA HA (all in good fun). My sister said they haven't got warmer then 19 degrees for last three days. I bet lot of folks there gonna get some frozen water pipes-Ouch. Well it was minus 10 degrees here this AM, and yes these 70 year old bones are really feeling it this year, my arthritis really flares up, guess htat goes along with getting to be a old cuss.:rolleyes:

perch
01-11-2010, 01:35 AM
this is sure to warm you all up today ice fishing at 10 degs. Nice afternoon and evening burbot/ ling fishing on my new tube jigs I made before I left for ICE FISHING I had a great time :D

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh148/trfishin/IMG_3749.jpg

shipahoy41
01-11-2010, 07:03 PM

I know what you mean. Been too cold to even want to do anything but organize rods and tackle. Hopefully it will be 57 when I get back on Friday. Been in south Carolina for the birth of my 5th grandchild. Old Ship is getting old and these old bones absolutely detest cold weather.

Beansguy
01-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Well it was minus 10 degrees here this AM, and yes these 70 year old bones are really feeling it this year, my arthritis really flares up, guess that goes along with getting to be a old cuss.:rolleyes:

I sure can relate to your remarks...my thumbs get so sore that I can hardly reel in my line at times...but I refuse to quit !!!

fished-out
01-13-2010, 01:05 PM
You guys got to stop complaining! Here's how some buddies do it up here:

skiptomylu
01-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Oh no thanks! Will not be fishing until spring gets here. Probably mid to late Feb if the weather lets off some. It is just too darn cold to get out there now. Water temp has to get above 50 before I will get serious about fishing.

Skip

perch
01-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Hey here was a great day on the ice a few yrs ago crappie fishing at -35 below zero. great trip hoping to get out soon for some more ice fishing fun this weekend if I dont have to work.
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh148/trfishin/jimcrappy2.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh148/trfishin/themotherload.jpg

GRIZZ
01-14-2010, 03:51 AM
Climate change = weather. You see now the knuckleheads can't go wrong. The weather changes and they can all yell "climate change".

notpc1
01-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Come on now,If A Gore hadn't invented the internet you wouldn't be able to give him a jab about global warming on an internet forum.Just so you know,global warming is coming.in July