Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thomas Hill

Post Thanks / Like

Question Thomas Hill

Anyone been to Thomas Hill ?

Thinking of going one day next week.

N2

Post Thanks / Like

i haven't been yet this year. was planning on going tomorrow but haven't had time to get my boat out of the shop yet, i'll probably be going next weekend,and give a report.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2Crappie View Post
    Anyone been to Thomas Hill ?

Thinking of going one day next week.

N2
    Let us know how it looked up there Mark if you have a report to give! I've got some unused vacation time from last year I need to use early this year- I was thinking about heading up there early this year myself.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard any reports from there this year. There are some NICE fish to be caught there.

Post Thanks / Like

i drove to thomas hill last sat, and water is still muddy

Post Thanks / Like

sure hate to hear that it is muddy, but i'm going to be there saturday and give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    sure hate to hear that it is muddy, but i'm going to be there saturday and give it a try.
    Use orange jigs if all else fails and let me know how it works.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

made it to thomas hill saturday and only caught 2 crappie. 1 about 11 inch and 1 about 9.not sure what the problem was, just couldn't get on them. tha water is a little muddy but i don't think it is muddy enough to have been my problem. it has been so cold that the south end of the lake is frozen over and i've never seen that before. probably try it again next sat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    made it to thomas hill saturday and only caught 2 crappie. 1 about 11 inch and 1 about 9.not sure what the problem was, just couldn't get on them. tha water is a little muddy but i don't think it is muddy enough to have been my problem. it has been so cold that the south end of the lake is frozen over and i've never seen that before. probably try it again next sat.
    Thanks for the report! Where were you fishing and were they generating? Any idea on the water temps or the crowds?

Post Thanks / Like

twaingang, i only fished in the hot water arm, i usually fish out in the main lake but most of the lake where i usually fish was iced over or had another boat already on the brush pile.there was probably 15 boats on the ramp. it was so foggy saturday it took a long time to navigate around. out a little from the discharge chute i had about 58 degrees and on south of the hot water arm i had 38. there was quite a bit of ice floating in the middle of the lake so i wouldn't be surprised if most of it is gone pretty soon. i checked the southfork resort report today and looks like i might be the only that had a bad day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast