Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mounting a Terrova

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mounting a Terrova

I'm looking for suggestions on where to mount a Terrova on a Wareagle 542. I would like to mount it where it will deploy as close to the center line as it can, but this may be in the way of my rod holders. My current trolling motor is a hand control off the side and it seems to pull off center. Please let me know what is working for you.

Thanks

RCC
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Post Thanks / Like

You have the right idea. Mount the motor and move the rods holders. that is a no brainer.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2060 WarEagle with the factory side bow mount. I have an 80lb. Terrova and it pulls the boat staight and doesnt give me any trouble at all.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 1656 F&F I relocated my terova from the side to the center retracting straight back between my rod holder and my 2 seats. Told Doug that's where I wanted it when I had the boat built in 2007 but he talked me out of it. 1 year now with it centered and it has eliminated a multitude of problems. Welded 1/4 inch plate extending a little forward the point of the bow. Love it, wish I'd done it several boats ago when I bought one of the first PowerDriveAutoPilots out.

Post Thanks / Like

Take care in making sure if centering it, that the mount is covering the bottom of the motor,because when using a very steep ramp it will catch and break the side of the trolling motor.If you use a cover on boat be sure motor will fit under the cover at the right angle. gary

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I am concerned about the steep ramp problem, I am afraid that the motor and winch may hit. The problem that I have mounting it on one of the front corners is that I run alot in flooded timber and if I misjudged, the mount hanging over the front end would be a problem.

Thanks for the input everyone.
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Post Thanks / Like

Good advice there!!!! Thank You sir!
    Reel foot yankee