Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: powerdrive help

Post Thanks / Like

Default powerdrive help

i bought a new power drive v2 today and since it is sleeting outside didnt think it was agood time to put it on but i just couldnt resist checking out all the whistles and bells .to my suprise the turning motor seams to work fine but the motor itself seems to have a mind of its own it will work on continuos sometimes but it clicks on the inside of the unit housing and it want do anything on momentary no matter what i try . please help i leave for talquin monday and i need help please

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Make sure all connections are tight and the pedal plugged in all the way. Battery good and fully charged?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

My PD started doing something similar to what you describe, turned great, but would only run on high no matter where I set the speed controller. had to replace the brain inside the base.Easy enough to do just keep the wires in the right place they all plug in.
    Almost forgot it's an older PD, not V2, and has co-pilot on it. The co-pilot would not control the speed either.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Could be a couple of things Im a minn kota ASC give me a call and I will talk you a few things so we can figure out the problem
    Lance
    1-800-305-9866
    Mr. Plucker