Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Senior Pass

Post Thanks / Like

Default Senior Pass

Any of you "mature" guys (62+) have a federal Interagency Senior Pass? It replaced the "Golden Passport" back in '07. Costs $10 for life. Worth it.
    It lets you buy the $30 yearly tag to launch at all Corps launches for $15. You also get to camp half price at Corps campgrounds (for example Bucksaw, $8). It's good for a bunch more stuff at federal locations that charge admission, parking, etc.
    They do not make them easy to get. Intentional I think.
    In the KC area you have to go to the Truman Home Historical Site in Independence to get one. Or in the Springfield area you have to go to Wilson's Creek National Battlefield. Down by Neosho they are available at Neosho National Fish Hatchery. That's it for this area and south.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know anything about them till now. I will definatly stop by & get one.

Thank You
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

There's also an "Access Pass" availible, for the Disabled, that is "free" and has the same benefits.

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine at stockton dam, disabled american veterans could get one for free. don't know if they still have them for veterans though, you don't have to be 62 to get that one, and it is good for a 50%discount on most corps. places, Now with that said,let me tell you they are not good at all COE sites, like wolf lake or toronto lake in kansas, or some COE lakes in mississippi, the COE leases out some sites and the folks that they lease to do not accept the placard, and the COE backs them up. but all in all they are worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

here's a list by state..........

LOCATIONS WHERE INTERAGENCY PASSES ARE ISSUED Publication Date 12/04/09

http://store.usgs.gov/pass/PassIssuanceList.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Take It From The Old Coot They Are Worth It.