Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to go in late march/ early april

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to go in late march/ early april

I live in southern WI and have already had enough of winter. Every year the last week of march into the first week of April my boy has off of school. I'm thinking of a taking a trip to someplace a little warmer where the fishing is further along.

I've been kicking around the idea of Reelfoot in TN or maybe Kentucky lake. I have a 185 Alumacraft but wouldn't have to bring it along.

I'm looking for some advice on places to go for a 3-4 day trip where the fishing for crappie and or gills and cats would be solid this time of year and that won't break the bank.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be at KY Lake the last week of March and first week of April. fishing for crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Blue Bank resort on Reelfoot with my dad about 5 years ago. We did one of those packages (you can find them on the net). It was awesome. I'd take along a coleman stove, grill or something so we didn't eat out every night. The place was first rate.

Post Thanks / Like

Weiss Lake Ala. is killer that time of year.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Mississippi!!! We go to Sardis every year at that time, along with half of Missouri, IL, and every other state, but if the wind cooperates you can have a fishing trip of a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

Sardis will definately be the place to be. No other lakes in Mississippi will produce fish like Sardis. Arkabutla, Enid, Grenada, and RB Res have all but dried up with fish. No need to go to any of them. All the three and four lbrs are in Sardis now.

Post Thanks / Like

That's PRIME TIME here on Lake Greeson in Southwest Central Arkansas. Here's some pics from the end of March last year:

The guys in the bottom picture are from Minnesota and Iowa and they come around the end of March and first week of April every year and fish 5-full days with me.

If you come this way and bring your boat I'd be happy to point you in the right direction and give you some waypoints to fish. But they'll be on the stick-ups and buck-brush that time of year so they won't be hard to find.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I57-S to I24-E to Kentucky Lake.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No fish here that time of the year.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Jerry Blake you just kill me with them pictures you post, nice to look at, cspiering I believe I would head to arkansas. I fish beaver lake arround that time but it is no picnic, it sometimes tough, farther south is my suggestion,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast