Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mountain Lion in Oklahoma?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mountain Lion in Oklahoma?

Remember that day while you were fishing and you felt like something was watching you? Or the night the dogs barked at something off in the woods, but acted like they didn't want any part of what was out there?

Here's what they might have been barking at;

Mountain Lion in Okahoma
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Cougars are here.

Sissy saw not one but 4 of them not 1/2 mile from our house on her way to work in late October 1 adult tan colored / 1 adult black {the largest & likely the male} and 2 half grown cubs. Crossed the road in front of her and she had to stop to keep from hitting them. Thats not all, our neighbors have some assorted livestock penned up along with a horse they were awakened by the horse after dark and when they looked at the horse the next morning it had a mouthsized chunk torn from it's jaw!!! We didn't give much thought to a cougar until 2 months later a picture was in the Stigler newspaper when a lady snapped a pic of one in her backyard.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

Several years ago over by Ada, my son saw one while deer hunting. He had taken a young boy on his first hunting trip, set him up in a blind at the edge of a meadow and my son got in his tree stand about 100 yards straight across.

It was getting dark and the kid stood up and started walking towards my son's tree stand. My son was watching him and caught some movement out of the corner of his eye. It was a mountain lion about 30 yards behind the kid stalking him.

My son decided to go ahead and take a shot because his concern was the cougar meant business. He missed his shot and it disappeared into the tall grass and woods.

Last month my daughter-in-law and granddaughter saw one cross the road in front of them as they were driving into town. Same area.

Old Indian fellow in that area talks about a "big cat" he's seen several times.

I've never seen one and not sure I want to.

AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up in Holdenville and saw two different "cats" on two different occasions. Once while deer hunting and the other while driving home with my mother. Our neighbor had a deck behind his house that one would come lay on at night. Also we heard them scream (one sound I will never forget) on 2 different occasions. I would see tracks that were large enough to be theirs frequently.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkfinger View Post
    Several years ago over by Ada, my son saw one while deer hunting. He had taken a young boy on his first hunting trip, set him up in a blind at the edge of a meadow and my son got in his tree stand about 100 yards straight across.

It was getting dark and the kid stood up and started walking towards my son's tree stand. My son was watching him and caught some movement out of the corner of his eye. It was a mountain lion about 30 yards behind the kid stalking him.

My son decided to go ahead and take a shot because his concern was the cougar meant business. He missed his shot and it disappeared into the tall grass and woods.

Last month my daughter-in-law and granddaughter saw one cross the road in front of them as they were driving into town. Same area.

Old Indian fellow in that area talks about a "big cat" he's seen several times.

I've never seen one and not sure I want to.
    Stink I was on my to a weekend of fishing in the coal creek area when I saw a big cat cross the road in front of my truck my buddy said what was that I said mountain loin, he didn't sleep at all that first night. That was my first one to ever see out in the wild, haven't seen one since.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen calf bones and skeletons up the mountains in the Wichitas at my dad's old lease near Saddle Mountain. Also seen some pretty deep, gnarly claw gashes in calves backs. Pretty sure I heard one "scream," and like Dirk said, it was an unforgettable sound. I've heard some other really strange noises while hunting in the Wichitas, but it was always around dusk when you couldn't see anything and the hair would stand up and your nerves would go crazy and I actually felt like something was following me. If it wasn't for the deep, strange noise that I heard, I woulda just thought I was scared of myself
    "Mister, I love the way you wear that hat."
    "You don't know nothin'."

Post Thanks / Like

When I lived south of Hulbert in the sticks, I heard something squeal one night that did not sound normal. Locals claimed a black panther had been seen in the area. I personally thought it was a Sasquatch.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Sighting

I used to live just north of Ada in a little community called Byng on the North side about a mile. The South Canadian River is not far from there and a few years ago I was fishing a pond (caught a few bass and 1 crappie:D). I was walking down an old road back to the house. The road goes down into a creek bottom that feeds into the river. I was on the hill looking down the road and saw a mountain lion cross the road where it crosses the creek. I Froze, not believing what I had just seen only 50-60 yards away. By the time I got enough nerve to continue down there, it was gone. I was a little worried because it was dusk and I had a stringer of fish. Needless to say, once I got across the creek crossing, I high-tailed it to the house. Cleaned the fish and took the guts back down to the creek. I had called a friend of mine and he came over and we stayed up all night with guns and flashlights waiting to see if it would come eat a bite of fish......Never saw it again. I've also heard of many sightings of mountain lions along the South Canadian and the creeks that feed into it. This particlular spot was about 5 miles south of the river.

Post Thanks / Like

fff, you might have seen the same cat my son did when he took a shot at one a few years back while deer-hunting (see above). You were exactly in the same area.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys down south and east aren't the only ones to see them. I've seen a couple of them. First one when I was about 10 and deer hunting, cat saw me move stared at me from about 40 yards away for what seemed like an eternity and then tucked tail and ran, what a relief. I talked to a coon hunter back in December, said his dogs ran one up a tree, said he wasn't gonna venture down to that spot for a while. With the number of deer we have I think this is an animal population that is gonna keep on growing
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast