Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Hurricane

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Hurricane

Hi guys;
    Just joined the forum here, my first post.
    I'm in Titusville Fl (across the river from Kennedy Space Center), we just came through the hurricane (still blowing and raining pretty good out there) and feel somewhat fortunate that we were just a tad north of the really bad stuff.
    Today was supposed to be my first scouting trip to find my crappie holes for the upcoming cool season. Been working 6/10's and will be for a while (have been on the crew assigned to fix the blown away panels on the VAB, wonder how it came through the blow last night?
    So, only have Sundays to fish, have been biting at the bit waiting for Fall season, can't be too much longer. Guess I'll have to wait till next Sunday before I can get up to lake Harney (east of Sanford Fl). Then again, last storm they closed the place down (KSC) for a week, so maybe I will be able to get out.
    Hope everyone north of us doesn't get too much damage from this storm as it heads that way.
    Have a nice day
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this morning where a few panels were lost last night at the V.A.B. They were reporting that it was the only damage the the Cape had suffered of any significance so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    I saw this morning where a few panels were lost last night at the V.A.B. They were reporting that it was the only damage the the Cape had suffered of any significance so far.
    Tx's Fatboy, is 6:15pm now. Went through all night with power, then just after I posted here, at 11:20am I lost my power. Am running on generator power now.
    Still haven't heard a word as to damage to VAB.
    Will call boss later to find out if we are supposed to go in to work tomorrow. I'm betting, a week off. If so will have a good crappie report for ya (hopefully), still a little early for around here, but I'm determined to get in on the season early this year !
    "The only fish left that ya can bring home a mess, legally"

Post Thanks / Like

Default St. John's River

Phantom 309:
    Do you fish any of the other lakes on the River such as Monroe, Burford or Woodruff?
    I wonder if the river is really high after the rains of last 3 weeks?
    We have had good results fishing the pads on the river between Sanford and Monroe in the past. We usually don't fish there until late Feb. and March
    when things start to slow down on the Harris chain. I have a place on Little Lake Harris and the fishing has been good the past few years. Plan to be down there around the first of Nov.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom309
    Tx's Fatboy, is 6:15pm now. Went through all night with power, then just after I posted here, at 11:20am I lost my power. Am running on generator power now.
    Still haven't heard a word as to damage to VAB.
    Will call boss later to find out if we are supposed to go in to work tomorrow. I'm betting, a week off. If so will have a good crappie report for ya (hopefully), still a little early for around here, but I'm determined to get in on the season early this year !
    "The only fish left that ya can bring home a mess, legally"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Phantom 309:
    Do you fish any of the other lakes on the River such as Monroe, Burford or Woodruff?
    I wonder if the river is really high after the rains of last 3 weeks?
    We have had good results fishing the pads on the river between Sanford and Monroe in the past. We usually don't fish there until late Feb. and March
    when things start to slow down on the Harris chain. I have a place on Little Lake Harris and the fishing has been good the past few years. Plan to be down there around the first of Nov.
    Joe
    Hi Joe;
    I generally fish Harney, Fox lake (here inT'ville) and the St. Johns from Hwy #50 northward. Have been wanting to try Monroe (perhaps this year). I think with their 12" min limit there ought to be plenty of slabs up there as the limit causes a lot of folks to not even go there, thus, less pressure on the slab population, etc.
    Yes, the river and lakes are quite full right now, have been wondering how that might affect the bite.
    Yeah, I'm getting a pretty early start, perhaps I'll find that I'm wasting my time, then again, just gotta go and find out.
    Had a great time last year and just can't wait to get back at it.
    Looks like I'm going back to work tomorrow so will be only a Sunday fisherman. Won't be but a few Sundays till the weather starts to get right.
    Have a nice day