Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trying the Picture again

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trying the Picture again

Watts Bar Catch, with a picture I hope
    Last edited by Don@Eden; 04-23-2004 at 07:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I see from your post that your image is located on your A drive on your computer. You need to download it first to the Internet, and you can use the Atach Files Option when you post, or if you reply, you'll have to "Go Advanced" (it's not an option at the "Quick Reply").
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Default Picture Size Limit Could be the Problem or one of the problems

Quote Originally Posted by Don@Eden
    Watts Bar Catch, with a picture I hope
    Hey guys. Now I am no expert on this but I am trying to learn how to post pictures. I just got a copy of Paint Shop Pro 8 and have been reading the manual very slowly. It's not easy but it will be usefull in the long run.

Picture sizes are often limited by the browser and message board's software.

I think that I read that the picture size limit is pretty small on this board. I can't remember the exact number of KILOBYTES (not Kbits but Bytes) but it's pretty small.

Things that you can do to make the picture smaller. Scan it at lower resolution. 100 dpi vs 600 dpi would make the picture size (amount of memory used to store the picture) smaller. The smaller the overall picture the smaller the amount of memory used. So a 2" by 2" picture will take up less memory than a 4" by 6" picture. So you can crop the picture and make it smaller.

Color Depth can be reduced. A black and white picture takes up much less memory than a full color picture. Color pictures can be 24 bit (2 raised to the 24th power) which gives you millions of different colors but that uses up a lot of comptuer memory. Try using 256 colors instead of 16 million colors to make the picture size (Memory wise) smaller.

And finally you can save the picture in a COMPRESSED format. That can reduce the amount of memory used to store the picture by up to 75% or more.

I have been trying to post a picture to this board but have not had much luck yet. So I am still slowly reading my PSP8 manual trying to figure out how to get the picture size (Memory wise) smaller so that I can post it to this board.

And Ed? Don't we UPLOAD the picture from our computers to your server?
    Regards,

Moose1am

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey DON Y

Maybe you should let Prof Killer show you how :p ....LOL!!! Naw, best not let him have access to your "secret files" :D - maybe Don G can walk you thru it, when he gets down there ................cp