Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Frozen arreator

Post Thanks / Like

Default Frozen arreator

I went fishing on 1/2/10 in25 degree weather with winds at about 25mph and filled my livewell up with no problem but on 1/3/10 I went fishing in 19 degree weather and my livewell would not fill up and I didn't hear the pump running so I assume that it is froze.Will it hurt the pump to be froze?It has not had a chance to thaw because it is still getting down in the teens and highs in the mid 30's.

Post Thanks / Like

Might want to check the pumps outer housing. If it has froze and cracked it will let water in the boat.
    living life to its fullest, This is not a dressed rehearsal.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine froze on me last year several time's and it still work's great. I started keeping a can of deicer in my boat. I had to use it a couple of times and it didn't bother it eather.Deice it while it is off and let it set a few min.

Post Thanks / Like

If it is a cartridge style, you can pop it out of the housing if its not frozen in (not sure if it will freeze in, but it might) BEFORE you launch and stick it up in the cab to thaw a few minutes before you launch. Be sure its seated properly when you reinstall it.
    Quit complaining about the color, just pull up your skirt and fish! -- snagged

Post Thanks / Like

It is kind of like having a frozen outdoor faucet on your house. You won't know if the pipe/pump is cracked or not until it thaws. Most of the time they are fine but they do bust from time to time. Just keep an eye on it next time you fish when the temps are above freezing.

Post Thanks / Like

I May Have The Same Problem Forgot To Drain The Hose And It Has A Slight Bow And Up Hill Into The Livewell

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure it's fine before you go out fishing when it warms up, wouldn't want to be letting any water in the boat and not know it!