Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: water melting by this Wednesday...

Post Thanks / Like

Default water melting by this Wednesday...

is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY so we put away all the duck hunting gear... getting a little stir-crazy here!

seeing the pics and reports from OSS and others kinda helps, but kinda doesn't. :-) Trout fishing on Tanney gets real hot by the end of this month into the spawn in Feb, but until then no crappie for me until mid March when we'll hit up below the dam when they are running water...

already got way more than a hundred color combo's of jigs, and all is organized with good line just ready to go, gotta wait for it to warm up!

anyone else trout fish the Feb. spawn? where do you go?
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

Trout????? Crappie still got to eat in Feb! Hope the weather turns for you soon sir! We would hate to lose you to some kind of trout fishing site.:D

Post Thanks / Like

rivers don't tend to freeze up like the lakes do... crappie are too delicious and fun to catch to give up on because of a few inches of ice; i'm down to one big bag in the freezer...
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camo_boat View Post
    rivers don't tend to freeze up like the lakes do... crappie are too delicious and fun to catch to give up on because of a few inches of ice; i'm down to one big bag in the freezer...
    1 bag of crappie, that is scary! Come down to Stockton sometime soon, it might be thawed out by then.

Post Thanks / Like

white river below gastons is hot right now, big browns is what Larry Dabblemont said monday. but I dont have a clue, ole drfishjd is a trout fisherman he may know,

Post Thanks / Like

oh I forgot, the guys have been posting they are biting below the truman dam now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    oh I forgot, the guys have been posting they are biting below the truman dam now
    Beagle would venture that the slack water may be iced by now. Haven't seen specifically but other areas of Truman that weren't iced on New Years day are now.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been in quite a while, but if they're running a good load of water, I'd be jerking Rogues at the edges of the slack water. Up by the dam is always good, but the water fluctuations can be tough. Down where the Norfork flows into the White is where we've gone in the past few years, and you have a little more notice of when the rise is going to get to where you're fishing.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.