Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: NOW It Feels Like Fall Around Here!

Post Thanks / Like

Default NOW It Feels Like Fall Around Here!

We finally had our first killing frost last night - about a month late I think. Air temp was 25 when I put the boat in before sunrise this morning and the water surface temp was 59. High pressure moved over us today so there wasn't much wind and the crappie preffered a deeper slower presentation.

The guys I took today were real good crappie fisherman and missed very few fish in spite of a light bite. We caught most of them from 15 to 19-feet deep on the same brushpiles we were catching them at 10 to 12-feet. We even found a few willing to take a jig tipped with a small Rosy Red.

We are supposed to have cool stable weather for the next few days so hopefully they'll start hitting a bit harder and a lot shallower again.

The Fall Feeding Frenzy is still on!
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 11-20-2005 at 05:33 PM. Reason: saving site space
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I would say those boys knew how to set the hook.

I'm thinking about doing some guiding on my lake. Do you find that most people prefer their own equipment...Even though i would supply it as I'm sure you do. I recall you site says 8 hour our 12 hours? What were the rates? How many folks get to go for that price? Are those mostly black crappie that you target? Do you supply their lunch? Mabe some cajun red beans & rice (just kidding but I'm considering it).

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Feels like winter here right now to me. 1st freeze is tonight for us in bama.
    Jerry when I read your post and look mat your pics on the site, I can get an idea about how things will shake out here by looking at your past 2 days. We get your weather within 36 hours. Just one of the things I've noticed.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait
    Yea I would say those boys knew how to set the hook.

I'm thinking about doing some guiding on my lake. Do you find that most people prefer their own equipment...Even though i would supply it as I'm sure you do. I recall you site says 8 hour our 12 hours? What were the rates? How many folks get to go for that price? Are those mostly black crappie that you target? Do you supply their lunch? Mabe some cajun red beans & rice (just kidding but I'm considering it).
    Hey sac-a-lait:

Most people use my equipment but a few bring their own. I offer half-day (about 5-hours) and full-day (about 9-hours) trips. My fees are $200 for a half-day trip for two plus $20 for each additional person and $300 for a full-day trip for two plus $30 for each additional person. I can take up to 6 beside myself.

I provide bottled drinking water, Walmart sodas and snacks (a variety of crackers and cookies). We usually take a break for lunch on full-day trips. There are several restaurants right on Hamilton and a few within a couple miles of the ramp I use at Greeson.

We catch both black and white crappie but we catch several other species depending on the time of year.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Here comes winter

Your talking about fall, but we have had some snow here in western Pa. Nothing that has accumilated yet. Northern NY, up by the Thousand Islands region, got a foot of snow yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

way to go JERRY,looks like a killer day for your clients
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Roybuoy:

We had another good day today -

http://www.actionfishingtrips.com/11-18-05.JPG

Beautiful weather and we had the lake to ourselves!
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 11-20-2005 at 05:33 PM. Reason: saving site space
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Don't ever kid about red beans and rice?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mmm Good

I had red beans and rice for supper last night Washed it down with a few beers also.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.