Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: question about garmin map chips

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default question about garmin map chips

the boat I just boght has a garmin gpsmaps 185. I own 2 navionics chips that do not fit the garmins. Anyone have any suggestions what I should buy?
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Sell the Garmin and get the locator that fits your chip. Hopefully, it's either a Humminbird or Lowrance.

Gman
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

And the Garmin water maps they try to sell aren't worth much, in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Garmin Marine GPS Software Maps Garmin GPS Systems at g.factoryoutletstore.com

You got 3 choices. Inland Lake Vision, Inland Lake and Lake master if available for your lakes. I have Inland Lake and it has the major lakes here for COE. They're OK, but have seen better. Still if you're sticking with the Garmin, I think that's your only choice - might be wrong on that.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"