PDA

View Full Version : Fishing gloves

mighty
11-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Okay with this cold season I need some gloves. Does anyone know of any water proof fishing gloves, or fishing gloves period.

crappieseeker
11-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Its hard to fish with gloves on. Anybody know a good pair that is good for fishing.

speck chaser
11-17-2005, 03:49 PM
i have tried a lot of them from neopreme to wool i keep coming back to the army wool glove liners hard to beat.

Crazyhorse420
11-17-2005, 04:17 PM
I use glomits......mittens that you can pull back to expose your fingertips. Works great when you need to tie a line. You can get them online at Cabelas.

crappieseeker
11-17-2005, 05:41 PM
I have some that you can pull back and have open fingers also, pretty good but still looking for improveent lol.

Jerry Blake
11-17-2005, 05:52 PM
I've tried a bunch of different gloves and now just use plane old Jersey gloves you can get for less than $1 a pair - I just picked up a 3-pair pack at Lowe's today for $2.68.

I keep several pair in my pocket so when/if they get wet I just grab another pair. I cut the thumb, index and middle finger off with scissors about half way up on the right hand glove of a couple pair so I can use my fingers and thumb to bait hooks and so I can feel my line when I'm jigging. I keep another pair without the fingers cut out on the console for driving the boat. They work real well down into the teens as long as they stay dry. If you wash them though don't put them in the dryer or they'll shrink into kids gloves - hang them up to dry.

Roberta
11-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Down where you are, I'd think about anything would do. When we're ice fishing or clearing snow, I wear a tight fitting pair of acrylic knit gloves under heavy Thinsulated gloves.That way, I can keep my fingers protected if I need to do something the big thick ones won't let me.
Check out http://www.campmor.com for a wide range of outerwear for the outdoorsman/woman/kid. - Roberta

ShilohRed
11-17-2005, 06:29 PM
I use camp Gor-Tex mit-gloves. You can flip the cover off the fingers and you have finger less gloves. They work good. And sure come in handy when making a long run in cold weather.
Pete

LBM
11-17-2005, 06:57 PM
I mainly use the plain old brown jersey gloves and keep several pair on the boat like Jerry does.

Also in colder weather I use a pair like Crazyhorse mentioned. Think I found mine at Walmart.

Don't forget about using the chemical handwarmer packets. They easily fit inside your gloves on the front or backside of the hand and really helps keep your fingers warm.

Cane Pole
11-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Jerseys cheeeep. I jist change 'em when they get wet. Gonna get me some of those electric mittens this year and give them a tryout. Go along good with me electric sox. Electric sox work good too. Jest haveta keep plenty of batteries. By the way, wal mart electric sox sux...ha

Tom

Jerry Blake
11-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Dang Tom, you better put a sign on your boat like they have on the door of convenience stores warning folks with pacemakers that there is a microwave oven in use in the building. Your sign could read:

WARNING FOR PACEMAKER USERS

Be aware that there is significant electric radiation from electric extremity warmers aboard this boat, which may cause your pacemaker to operate erratically!

:)

anchorpuller
11-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Just think. In the summer time, the socks can double as beanie weenie warmers!

Bruceh
11-18-2005, 07:18 AM
Okay with this cold season I need some gloves. Does anyone know of any water proof fishing gloves, or fishing gloves period.
Try wearing a pair of disposable cleaning gloves under your regular gloves. They keep you dry and hold the heat in.

smedley
11-18-2005, 08:58 AM
I use several pairs of wool knit gloves from Wally world. Theyare in the hunting section and have the grip "dots" on the palm side. If it get really cold, I'll wear plain old jerseys under them.

KARL
11-18-2005, 09:27 AM
...I use the thin rubber gloves that Dr. use....I get mine at Harbour Freight Tool store..the blue ones...You can get about 50 pair for about $7 on sale or $11 full price...they will keep your hands warm and dry...if one happens to tear just put on another...If it's really cold you can still put another heavier type pair on over em..like cotton jerseys...when your running on lake...the blue type are chemical resistant so they come in handy all year long...the box they come in is about the size of a kleenex tissue box... :cool:

bmoffitt30
11-18-2005, 09:53 AM
I just bought a pair of gloves yesterday that are insulated and waterproof. Paid $11.99 for them at Dick's Sporting Goods. I was going to go with neoprene gloves but these seem to be a little warmer and still waterproof.

Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon
11-18-2005, 10:10 AM
...I use the thin rubber gloves that Dr. use....I get mine at Harbour Freight Tool store..the blue ones...You can get about 50 pair for about $7 on sale or $11 full price...they will keep your hands warm and dry...if one happens to tear just put on another...If it's really cold you can still put another heavier type pair on over em..like cotton jerseys...when your running on lake...the blue type are chemical resistant so they come in handy all year long...the box they come in is about the size of a kleenex tissue box... :cool:

Never heard, or have thought of that. Just might have to try that out. Thanks for the tip! I'm sure I could feel everything still through those too.

<,"}/>{ Rippa

FalconSmitty
11-18-2005, 11:55 PM
I use those with the blue plasti coating on the fingers. They work great until ya gitem wet. They .97 at wallyworld. I tried the jerseys but I get my hooks stuck in them.

zappaf19
11-19-2005, 08:03 AM
I wear driving gloves. There thin enough to put a b moth on and do keep my hands warm.
Bill

sls
11-19-2005, 10:23 AM
We also use the Jersey gloves 50 cents a pair at the flea market and no tax. Also we have found that the clear plastic tight fitting surgical gloveswork well. Mostly the reason your hands get cold it they get wet, from handling bouys and fish. This glove prevents the water from getting to your hand. We also use the "gopher" to pick up out bouys, walmart 10.oo. Keeps you from using a dip net or getting on your knees to get a bouy out of the water. Tip: wrap pipe insulation around it, so it will float if you drop it in the water.