Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Linesnapper

crappie65 Guest

Default Linesnapper

Ive been fishing at a lot of diffrent places but the one I Usually go to I have been lose a lot of line. About every time I go out to fish at this spot my line is getting bitten off. Mostly its just my bait and hook. But Occasionally i will lose the slip bobber weight hooks and bait. ive changed my line many times but this keeps happening. I'll get a bite he'll fight a little but than I hear the line snap and I got to reel it in and reline and rebait. Any Suggestions at all.

cbelly Guest

Default Check rod tip...

I had this frustrating issue once and I finally stumbled onto the fact that my rod tip ceramic guide had broken off and my line had been pressured on sharp edged metal since the ceramic was gone. Moral to the story...check to see if the tip of your rod has any sharp edgesthat may be fraying your line when casting or reeeling in...if not let me know where you are fishing here in Indiana because it sounds like a shark....I don't have to go to Florida to get my fix of those toothy critters....TilNexTide, cbelly

Quote Originally Posted by crappie65
    Ive been fishing at a lot of diffrent places but the one I Usually go to I have been lose a lot of line. About every time I go out to fish at this spot my line is getting bitten off. Mostly its just my bait and hook. But Occasionally i will lose the slip bobber weight hooks and bait. ive changed my line many times but this keeps happening. I'll get a bite he'll fight a little but than I hear the line snap and I got to reel it in and reline and rebait. Any Suggestions at all.