Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Speck & Sinkum

Post Thanks / Like

Default Speck & Sinkum

When I was on here the other day I didn't say who I was or any thing about myself,my name is James and I am from pike co. Ky. I have been coming to the Douglas area for about 30 years, mostly bass fishing, I am a retired disabled coal miner. I have moved here about 8 months ago and trying my hand at crappie fishing, if I can just learn all the secerts. Ha Ha I had a pretty good spring and summer crappie fishing, in the spring my wife and I did pretty good bottom bumping, and fishing under the lights in the summer, but in the month of sept. I just couldn't get that trolling like everybody was doing just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong, so me and my buddy Dave started bottom bumping again and we are doing pretty good like that. I usually fish out of the Municipal boat ramp at Dandridge, I have a green Sprint boat ,with a 90 mercury motor, you can usually find me up around Rimmer Creek,or point 11, It sure is good talking with ya.

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

Booger
    My name is wayne I am from Kingsport TN.I have fished douglas and cherokee for the past 20 some years .come spring is when I have the best luck I long line troll most of the time.real productive in the spring
    I just rigged my boat to spider rig this year that is why i was asking all the questions the other day i haven't had much luck this fall.This bottom bouncing that you and sinkum are doing is the way to go right now
    I believe I met sinkum last saturday super nice guy like wise would like to meet you I have a 18ft starcraft center console I fish any where from muddy creek to indian creek later this winter i will move on up to nina.
    I will fish next week probably friday.

good fishing to ya.
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

When you say bottom bouncing, what do you mean. What kind of rig are you using? Is it a heavy sinker on the bottom and jigs up the line, enlighten an old man>
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ
    When you say bottom bouncing, what do you mean. What kind of rig are you using? Is it a heavy sinker on the bottom and jigs up the line, enlighten an old man>
    I use a half ounce sinker & two hooks up the line with minnows on the bottom trolling motor on 1 I fish 18 feet deep on lone points

EAST TENN. DOUGLAS CHEROKEE LOUDON TELLICO WATTS BAR
    Post Thanks / Like

Booger
    My Name Is Ricky I Fish Douglas A Lot An Have For Many
    Years I Live About 10 Min From The Ramp At The Dam An
    I Also Have A Camper On The Lake That I Use During The
    Summer Good To Have Someone Else On Here To Help
    Me An Speck Out I Got Started Dointhat Bottom Bumping
    Thing On Weiss Many Many Years Ago It Is 1 Of My Favorite
    Ways Of Fishing When The Bite Is Slow Or When They Are
    On The Bottom I Met Speck On The Water 2 Weeks Ago Very
    Nice Person If I See You Ill Try To Stop An Chat A Few