Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got the itch but these weather guessers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got the itch but these weather guessers

are killing me! Checked all my rods, changed some line sprayed some Pam on the eyes, and retied my jigs hoping to get a little fishing in tomorrow. Bought a new trailerable tarp put it on got it all adjusted, charged the batteries, checked everything in the boat, found a little water had ran out from the drain and formed an ice sickle which would not allow me to put the drain plug back in. Thought about it for awhile trying to figure out how I was going to solve this and came up with sneaking my wife's hair dryer out of the house and put a little hot air on it presto ice melted and plug went right in. Yep I am all set to go and then check the weather to find winter weather advisory for snow tonight and tomorrow morning with accumulations of 2-3 inches. Hope they are wrong as usual! Guess I will just have to wait till the morning and look out the window to see what the weather is like.

Oh and to top it off got all my honey do’s done.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    are killing me! Checked all my rods, changed some line sprayed some Pam on the eyes, and retied my jigs hoping to get a little fishing in tomorrow. Bought a new trailerable tarp put it on got it all adjusted, charged the batteries, checked everything in the boat, found a little water had ran out from the drain and formed an ice sickle which would not allow me to put the drain plug back in. Thought about it for awhile trying to figure out how I was going to solve this and came up with sneaking my wife's hair dryer out of the house and put a little hot air on it presto ice melted and plug went right in. Yep I am all set to go and then check the weather to find winter weather advisory for snow tonight and tomorrow morning with accumulations of 2-3 inches. Hope they are wrong as usual! Guess I will just have to wait till the morning and look out the window to see what the weather is like.

Oh and to top it off got all my honey do’s done.
    Well, those weather guys are usually wrong. But, look at it this way. If, by chance, they are right (for once) atleast you dont have any work to do since that list is completed. You can sit around and take it easy.:D
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Pole Bender, over the years I've pushed the window about as much as most but sometimes it makes sense to live to fight another day.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It is snowing here in Clinton already tonight. They are saying 1" to 2" total. The radar looked pretty full snow way out into Kansas. Looks like football and the couch fro me tommorow.

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    Guess I will just have to wait till the morning and look out the window to see what the weather is like.
    You need to get one of those rocks on a string.

a dry rock means fair weather.
    a wet rock means it's raining.
    a dusty rock means a dust storm.
    a swaying rock means it's windy.
    a shadow under the rock means it's sunny.
    a white rock means it's snowing.
    if the rock is jumping up and down, an
    earthquake is upon us.
    if the bottom of the rock is under water it's a
    flood.

100% accurate all the time.
    Hope you get to go and catch the bigun.
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Post Thanks / Like

Its 3:40 am and snowing north of KC...I think the advisory is for the cold as much as the snow...was -8 this time yesterday,now its a balmy +10

Post Thanks / Like

snow here bender.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like we have about 2-3" on the ground here in Butler......another day of making jigheads
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

7:00 a.m. No snow in Burfordville. Sunny and 80 degrees..........Well atleast the no snow parts true.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I guess they got one right this time, we have about 3" here and heard Stockton has about 4".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast