Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: North Alabama Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default North Alabama Crappie

Has anyone fished since the change in wheather by scottsboro or surronding areas. If so how has it been, also do you all know the water temp?

Thanx and be blessed
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

mighty I fished there last week before the weather change and the fishing was terrible. I fished two places where I can almost always catch my limit this time a year. The water was way below normal and the temp was still rather warm, between 65 and 70 degrees. It should start cooling off and the rain we had should bring the level up a little bit. They may already be biting better, if not, it shouldnt be long before they turn it on. I saw some nice crappie caught off the dock there at goosepond.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you is that were you fish by goose pond, what about 79 under the bridge. I am boatless so i fish from the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

yes I fished under the 79 bridge at North Sauty, they should be starting to move in there. To be honest with you, I usually catch more from the bank there because of the way they hold and move through there. The reason I use my boat there now is because I got tired of people in a boat cutting me off while fishing from the bank when I was there first. You know how they do, that place is heavily fished.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly sometimes you just have to throw your line in there boat to make them move, let me know if you ever would like a fishing partner. I think I'll be heading out sunday morning.
    Take care and be blessed

Post Thanks / Like

I use to get there sometimes at 1 in the morning to get a spot and it would piss me off to have a boat pull up on me not long before daylight and cut me off and then they would sit right on top of where you were throwing. They usually dont bite there good until right after daylight but you have to get there early to get a spot. I now use my boat, but I get there before anyone and get the spot so that no-one can say I cut them off. I may be down that way not next week but the week after. I usually get there very very early, so if you wanna go with me, you have to get up early. How old are you by the way and how long have you lived and fished around that area?

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie I sent you an private message with more info about myself. You can reach me at 256-694-4137

Post Thanks / Like

I will check out the pm