Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: kind of a curisoity

Post Thanks / Like

Default kind of a curisoity

as y'all know I been trying to get the LOWRANCE HD-7 to record and post some pictures, with no luck I may add. well today I had had enough so to the bass pro I go, go to the counter and tell the man I am not smart enough to operate this unit, it will not record the structure scan, and I need to do that, well he goes through the motions to help me, I look at the 7 he has on display, bam bam no problem, that what I am doing on mine I tell him, well if you had the unit here we could check it out, Miss Sharon is already on her way to the truck to get it, I find a bench and she returns,he already has the display removed and hooks my unit up, it does not work, well he says it should, he checks out a couple things, pull out a mmc card sticks it in the unit IT WORKS he takes it out puts in the mmc card I just bought for the unit, it DOES NOT WORK. puts his card in and it works, see like I try to tell my self, michael sometimes it is just simple dont over think things, a mmc card and I could have been on the air so to speak, geeeeeeessssss what a moroon. IDIOT

sure was one nice counter man, done everything he could to help.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had similar things happen to me, but uh um, I knew what I was doin the whole time I was just wantin the counter guy to uh ,,feel good about himself and think he knows what he`s doin,,yea yea thats it

but glad to hear your in bizness
    ugliest crappie you ever seen

Post Thanks / Like

Glag you got it figured out Beagle! Can't wait to see some screen shots that unit is awsome!

Post Thanks / Like

does the unit only work with high speed cards? Did he make sure the card wasn't locked.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad it something simple Beags. Now get out there and stretch its legs.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle, what are the other units that you have besides the hds7. Are you happy with the screen size, etc.

I assume it doesn't have the GPS issues that the HB's have been plagued with?

Post Thanks / Like

couple more questions Beagle, or other HDS owners. Is there a computer application that you can replay your lowrance SI scans on that will also utilize the GPS data so you can mark items you found on your scan?

Had one more question, but it's slipped my mind. Doesn't take much.

Now I remember. Did anyone buy the insight unit? Does it have detailed maps with contours for US lakes, or do you still need a map card?
    Last edited by mduncan62; 01-02-2010 at 11:06 PM. Reason: added info

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got her all figured out Beagle. Looking forward to seeing some of those awesome pic's. Nice to find out it was something simple like that.

Post Thanks / Like

johnlaw uh yea. he was a good guy,eh

mduncan hear is as much as I know
    card was not locked. card slow ok no slack, he put two different cards in and mine was the only one that didn't work
    I have a HD-5 HD-7 AND HD-8 screen size on the 5 is pretty hard for an old man, young feller like you wouldnt have a problem.

on the gps part, I pass over a brush pile, use the cursior button mark the spot and can go back to it no problem, I have marked a couple test way points and went back to them pretty easy

I have the insight map on one unit but I haven't had it on the water yet, but I do not think it has as good detail and grid lines as navionics maps. I have the nav. platinum HD maps and they are pretty detailed so if not happy with the insight. the program on the lowrance lets you choose which program you want to use.

polebender when the weather breaks If I am not brokedown from all this crap on the ground I will surley get a shot or two,

gator I want to fish that big ole tree we found on that flat, man that thing has to hold fish, I bet this summer a man could catch there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Beagle. I think if I go with Lowrance I'll just get the base model and buy map cards. So, let me ask you this. Since you have a hds7 and 8 do you think the 8 was worth twice as much as the 7? Seems like a lot to me for an inch, and the function buttons. There might be more to it then I know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast