Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where's The Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where's The Crappie

anyone tell me where they are biting at looking for a trip this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

oologah lake was little slow last weekend, but you can still catch them. i was fishing 20ft of water near brush on the main lake. the water temp was around 68 degrees with a front coming in. dont what the bite would be like after this major front came in. by Big G... last few post gibson lake is even slower. i hope this helps and good luck..

red...

Post Thanks / Like

was really wondering if anyone knew anything bout hudson

Post Thanks / Like

I havent seen anyone reporting on Hudson on this board, ever. Welcome ErnesT, maybe you can feed us a few from time to time.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, good to see some people posting about Oologah. Red I looked at a few of your recent posts, sounds like you been tearin' em up on minners. I fish with jigs, before this front I'd been catching 15 to 40 keepers a trip. I'm afraid this cold spell is gonna slow 'em a bit but it should pick back up if we get a stable weather pattern.

Post Thanks / Like

Falcon I almost always carry a few minnows with me up there to Oolougha I have found that sometimes they bite better a jig tipped with a minnow or rather lets say the bigger fish sometimes like that set up better 90 % of the time I use just a tube of my favortite color threaded on a mr. crappie hook ahead of a minnow saves on jigheads

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Falcon, I live in Oologah. Do you fish it often? I normally use jig tipped with minnow as well, but there have been many times my big fish of the day will hit just a plain 1/64oz jig. The jig bite is always slower for me. I locate by using the minnows, than offer up either/or. Most times, once the fish are located, I will use two rods with minnows, and one working with two jigs while watching the minnow rods. We'll have to meet up sometime. I am still planning on taking brother in law out on Gibson this weekend/working.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

I fish Oologah probably once or twice a week during spring/summer/earyl fall, but lately I've been goin' after the hybrids too much so I haven't hit it as hard. Like I said I primarily fish jigs, but I'm not against using a minnow every now and then and sometimes I do the jig/minnow combo. Just really depends on how well the jigs are working for me, if I only get 4-5 keepers in a trip then you can bet I'll start thinking minnows. Last summer ('04) was a good example, I couldn't get a reliable jig bite going but I was doing pretty well with minnows. Thanks George and Reaper for the replies. Glad I found this forum, hopefully more people will start using it.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Oologah yesterday and found them in deeper brush than normal, 30 ft+. Kept 27. I usually try to keep 10" or better but we were catching so many that were about 1/4 inch short, we threw a few of those in too. Had some pretty nice fish too, biggest 1.25 pounds and several close to that.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie slow right now, but still catching them at Longmire by Pauls Valley.....occasionally.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.