Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some good times in 2009

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Some good times in 2009

Getting old and nostalgic i guess. Just started reflecting back on some of the great times this past year. Met another new fishing partner, Talltimber, last winter and we froze our rear ends off fishing Wapp about every weekend and loved every minute of it. Spring crappie camp at Truman, watching Beagle auctioneer! What a riot. Fished with one of my best fishing buds, Bob and Quinn. Another one of my all time favorite fishing buds, Beagle, and I invading Mississippi's spring camp. Caught some nice fish at Sardis. B.S'ed with a bunch of my sippi buds and met some great new ones. Spring camping trip to Wapp with panhandlin. Rained like h*** every day but we caught a ton of crappie. He outfished me from the back of the boat most days. Summer weekends at Reelfoot and Wapp with Talltimber. Fished the Fruit Jar tournament series in Mississippi with my southern buddy Yikess. We started slow but learned alot and were the #2 team at the end of the season. Fall camp at LOZ. watching Dr. Jim play with the band. Met some more good folks there. November Truman/LOZ fishing trip with Dr. Jim, Bob, and Bugman. What a blast. That was one of the best fishing trips I've ever been on in my life. Overall, 2009 was one of the best years I've ever had for fishing. It could'nt have been remotley possible if I hadn't met you good folks from Crappie.com. I hope 2010 is twice as good for all of us. What are some of your best memories from last year? Happy New Year , Speck

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

That was a great 09! Let's make sure we add that Mississippi trip to 2010.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

The best as far as fishing for me was Spring camp and the generosity of all you fine folks here.
    Also the generosity of Bob, Buckwheat, Dan who made it possible for me to catch allot of really nice fish on Truman.
    I also had the opportunity to teach a few people how to catch fish. It is so rewarding to get a picture of them holding fish. I hope to do that more this year too.
    Happy new year Speck! it was great meeting you too this year!
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Was our pleasure in meeting you Speck

Hope to get u in my old rig in the future, you and several more, think I ended up going or taking about 15 different M.C members this year. was a lot of fun for me to go or tag along with a lot of very nice folks..... even put up with a couple of knot heads out of springfield...... looking forward to 2010 it is my last year of having to buy fishing license...... darn didn't know I was getting that old..... Everyone be safe over the holidays and get ready to rip some lips this year.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Same goes here speck! I'm sure 2010 will be even better. And by the way, since you mentioned it.... Who was the winning team in the fj series that you were runner up to?:D:D
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

I got to meet alot of nice guys around Truman and Smithville best of both worlds, Thanks everyone for the good times,and a special thanks to Steve (Kaz) it made a bad year alot better.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Dave was a pleasure to have you aboard and an honor to count you as a friend. There's fish to catch and stories to share in 2010, looking forward to it.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feelay View Post
    Same goes here speck! I'm sure 2010 will be even better. And by the way, since you mentioned it.... Who was the winning team in the fj series that you were runner up to?:D:D
    Can't quiet remember who barely beat us out Carl!:p:D I think it was Jeepster and his partner, Ole Whats his name.:D:D. Good job again but look out next year.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

The pleasure was all mine, guys. I enjoyed every part of it. 2009 was a helluva year for me! Met some new friends and spent some quality times with some old. I'm hoping 2010 will bring us all new friendships and more treasured times together.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a great year indeed. Fished with a lot of people on here but still have a long way to go before I get to fish with everyone on here. We get to camp time and there will be even more new members to meet and fish with. I am going to try and work a little less this year and spend more time on the water. Drove out to the lake this morning to try and wet a line but it is hard to get a line and jig wet when the water is hard. May be a little while now before Truman will be getting a boat on it. At least on the Upper Grand. Hope everyone has a great 2010.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast