Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: aerator pump for fridge

Post Thanks / Like

Default aerator pump for fridge

just got an old fridge that i have fixed up for minnows and now i am looking for a good inexpensive pump. anybody got any suggestions. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Wally mart & look at the air pumps in the pet fish dept, all run on 120 volt and last long time, plus price is usually right.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Yea the ones at wally world work just fine. Get the one woth 2 outlets and get 2 larde stones and you will be fine.
    Stick yo jig in there!

Post Thanks / Like

Default air pumps

The 2 outlet air pump from Wally world will cost around $10 and last MAYBE 6 months then stop working. I have used 3 and they all stopped working after around 6 months of continuous use. Stop and think they are only around $10.00. They are junk because you cannot get new diaphrams to repair them. Spend maybe $30.00 and get something that will last. I built an aeration system for around $50 and it will last for several years. It will handle easily 2 gallons of minnows. I bought a used smog pump for a car or pickup for $20 from a salvage yard and then found a motor from an old a/c unit ( continuous run motor) and hooked them up. The air supply line is 1" PVC schl 40 with holes drilled in end of pipe. The tank ($110) is a HDPE 300 gallons Rubbermaid I think. Put acover on it to keep the coons out

Post Thanks / Like

I also would like a quality pump. I have about 8 of those Wal-mart pumps in my garage where one side quit working. I remember years ago my dad having a small pump with a belt you could see. I have looked but can't find anything like that.
    Rend Lake Crappie Guides
    www.crappiextreme.com

Post Thanks / Like

hey clint they stop making them and you cant buy parts for them anymore....everyone has gone to using outdoor pond pumps....you can pick one up at petsmart for around $80 and they are good for up to 1500 gallons and have a 5year free replacment on them...here is a link

Pond Aerator 2, 4, Aquascape, Nursery Pro, Pond USA .com, Pond, Fountain & Water Garden Supplies
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff