Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cold But Successful

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cold But Successful

I put my new arctic armor to the test today it was cold out there but I was warm, except my finger tips. Also got to try out my new B&M 10ft. crappie rod, it worked good too. Gduck & I hit the spot we been catching em at 1st thing only got 1 y.perch & 1 pickeral left there went to one of our tidal river spots. When we got there the boat was frozen to the trailer but we broke it free. Got out in the river and catching was kinda slow at 1st. ice in the eyelets bad, but then we found some good schools willing to bite. Gduck gave me a Wally Marshall clicker counter that I put to good use today as we clicked in 119 crappie of which 50% were real nice, released all today.We caught em casting and letting it fall , slow vert. jigging and slow titeline trolling. Water temp. was 38 at 1st. & 40 when we left, most fish were caught from 12ft to 18ft .

Post Thanks / Like

Good job!

I was out in the garage working on "customizing" the boat I bought.

Told you that AA is WARM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes we definatly had a great day! the catch kind of took off the chill if you know what I mean. Tear-em up didnt explain about when we pushed the frozen boat off the trailer both of us nearly did belly flops on the ramp and went in, i guess that would have been funny, but might have left a mark?? I kind of gave tear-em up the counter as a bit of a joke but he sure took it serious, they joke with me how I always keep count and they dont because like i say they catch em so much quicker than me, but he proved it today because when done I counted 44 i caught. when he told me the total was 119 that just proves he catches about 2 to my one, but im not complaining I always have a blast no matter how many i do or dont catch. I think i kind of revert to my childhood fishing like this, as a matter of fact we were both acting like a couple of kids really enjoying ourselves. I get in trouble everytime doing my patented spin releases on crappie but it just makes me laugh to see them swim off doing barrel rolls and loopty loops under water, sometimes even get some free jumps out of them, can only imagine how the school below reacts when comes in from above just going every which way? like i said childish, but makes me smile. the best part is that this fishing should stay good in all our tidal rivers unless we get some really cold weather and should keep up well through april, so im sure there will be many more trips like this in 2010. Happy New Year everyone out there in the Crappie World!