Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: safe ice in fingerlakes, NY state.

Post Thanks / Like

Default safe ice in fingerlakes, NY state.

My son just called, on his way home from 1st fishing trip of the winter, He had caught his limit of crappies at a small lake near his home in Addison Ny. All nice slabs, some were over 16 inches. He uses tip-downs and minnows. A group of older fellows at his work are all going new years day. By himself today. 7 inches of good ice and he had a great time. He uses the flasher and today he found them in 22 ft of water. I live in florida in the winters and he trys to get me excited about the ice fishing. I introduced him to ice fishing when he was about 6 yrs old and now he will be 33 in feb. Boy the memories I have fishing with him thru the years! Get the kids hooked on fishing not drugs!

Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel RM. I grew up in Westbury NY ( not Long Island). Ice fished with my dad n brothers all over upstate NY and even Canada( Bay of Quinte for walleyes). Me and dad didnt see eye to eye on much when i was a sprout, but fishing and hunting finally mended things. Seneca lake perch was a favorite. Give our best to your son.