Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Roadrunner Head's tiped with shiner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Roadrunner Head's tiped with shiner

My brother n law toled me about this summer and he catches a lot of Crappie doing this. Just the Road Runner head (no kind of skirt on it) he uses the red one and puts shiner on it. That is something to try different and it workes.

mikeg

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using a white RR and white twister tail tipped with a small minnow lately. Not been catching a lot with it but the ones I do catch are good ones. the smaller ones have been hitting just plain minnows.
    Scott

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Roadrunners Are About The Only Bait I Slow Troll [spider Rig] Here In Fl. Always With A Minnow And Most Days With A Colored Tube
    Days They Are Turned On , Don,t Use Tubes
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default Road Runner Head

They do catch fish, and are even better if the water is stained
    very much. I think that may be due to the vibration from the spinner
    blade.

Billy

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

I caught my monster slabs trolling roadrunners tipped with shiners. Green tube

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

I've caught a lot of fish with a white roadrunner head tipped with a 3" gulp minnow (emerald shiner i think). This has caught bass, crappie, and even catfish. Got to get some more gulp minnows. This has become my general purpose goto lure.
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that in use a few weeks back. I can't catch anything on anythng involving spinner blades or maybe its cause I wack too many on assassins to give them up.

Post Thanks / Like

i started using the L-shaped spinner, the one that comes on beetle spins
    years ago. i put a gold hook or a small jig head on the spinner, tiped it with
    a minnow and started casting. When i ran out of live minnows, fishing with floats,
    i would put on the spinner and keep catching fish with the dead minnows.
    chef

Post Thanks / Like

Last weekend I lost my $3 bobber so while getting it back with a mino head plain no additives I caught a crappie. What the heck it was pouring rain I was standing there pre knee surgery. Put the bobber back on and caught three more.
    10 inchers not small starving ones.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yo Blu ....

Quote Originally Posted by blufloyd
    I saw that in use a few weeks back. I can't catch anything on anythng involving spinner blades or maybe its cause I wack too many on assassins to give them up.

Hey Blu ... there's not much difference between a RR Bubblebelly & a Panfish Assassin -- so put you an Assassin on a Roadrunner, and "whack" 'em with that .... :p .....LOL!!
    Seriously, I have had pretty good success on Assassins ... but, I'd still never leave the house without some Roadrunners in the box !! I've just done too good with them, on too many different lakes, not to keep a supply on hand. .... cp