Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: spoonbill

Post Thanks / Like

Default spoonbill

For years I've wanted to try it..got a few smaller one at the dam accidently.

Been looking at some guide services..kinda steep...thinking 2 days to make it worthwhile...any suggestions?

Any of ya'll do it yearly...maybe we could work something out.

Its just something I've always wanted to do once in my life,with out buying all the gear to be used once..think march 15 is the opener

Anyone throw me a bone here.

Any interest in splitting a guide?Catfish safari has room for 4?

Post Thanks / Like

I go with my brothers on LOZ big niangua every year. It is a blast.
    How much is the guide service? you could probably take your own boat, gas, and buy a rod and reel (cheep ones are about $80).
    I don't have my own set up so 3 in a boat and 2 rods snaging one guy drives the boat and take turns at it.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

catfish safari is about 450$ = 50$ for gas...4 people

Anthony Ford is 150$ a day per person...probably go that way

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t think you would need a guide to drag a couple of bare treble hooks and a 1 pound weight thru the water. You need someone with a boat. Years ago we would even cast from the bank when we stopped for lunch. Man that was tough.

Post Thanks / Like

cook it is tough and a young mans game, I gave all my stuff to a young feller few years back, I think several on here go bet someone will hook up with you and no guide service to mess with, troll,jerk ,pull jerk, pull, hang up, cuss,sore shoulder, cuss a bit jerk,pull over and over again, tap tap jerk ahhhhhhhhcrappie

Post Thanks / Like

with as much as the guides cost, buying gear would be cheaper. i've never done it, but a good buddy did last year for the first time and they had a couple good days, and a couple skunks... not much to it, just heavy gear, heavy weight, big hooks, and a lot of cussing and heaving and hooing...

seeing my buddy with 3 spoonbills in his boat made me want to try it, so i'm thinking hard about getting a heavy setup. 3 guys in a boat is best from what i've seen, just like rugs said
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Snaggin

Cook

I plan on doing a couple of day trips to Osceola this spring and you are more than welcome to hitch a ride. We will be taking the rig that I had up at Smithville the day I visited with you. No need to pay that kind of cash for a day trip. Let me know and have a good one.

Scott
    Scott Platte City Missouri

Post Thanks / Like

IF you ever taste one, you'll buy the stuff and go do it. To quote Beagle, "I'll troll,jerk ,pull jerk, pull, hang up, cuss,sore shoulder, cuss a bit jerk,pull over and over again" for a nice spoonbill. It's a great time!~

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

I try to go every year with a few buddies. We rent a 24 foot pontoon from base and have a blast. Sometimes we snag'em and some times we don't but catfish safari is realy good. We've seen him at the cleaning dock every year and everyone has thier limit.
    If I got a guide I would make sure they provided the wieghts and hooks because thats the stuff aint cheap and depending on where you go, you will get snagged
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

You need to go to grand lake in ok. They are snagging them right know around sailboat bridge. If you want anymore info pm me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast