Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: have yall talked about the Triploid Crappie on here?

Post Thanks / Like

Default have yall talked about the Triploid Crappie on here?

Am I late with this subject?

We have a hybred Crappie here. He/she/it is sterile. I think it just eats and craps. Ole Miss made the fish for us some years ago and they are starting to really produce some meat slab fish. The're only in one "test" lake for them that I know of here in our entire state (Mississippi) Lake Charlie Capps. The name has been adoped as the Magnolia Crappie or the Rebel Crappie. The state record for this fish is already 3.46 in 2004 and the fish hadn't even been in the lake but a few years. When we have new recodrs released it should be interesting to see how much the record has grown.

Post Thanks / Like

What does it look like?
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad the life span of a crappie is only about 5 to 6 years, or so I read that in a crappie book.

Post Thanks / Like

Default triploid crappie

Here is a website that talks about triploid crappie.
    http://biology.usgs.gov/news/96-03.htm
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, I'd love to see what one looks like

Post Thanks / Like

Hey ck, what in the wide wide world of sports did that link mean ! i know I'm a little slow in the learn-in department but that just made me feel plum stupid. LOL. Don't tell me you actually understood what ever it was they were talking about. If so don't tell me, I couldn't handle the strain hehe. You ought to post that link on the off topic board and take a poll to see how many can read it without getting a migraine LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by izzysfishin
    Hey ck, what in the wide wide world of sports did that link mean ! i know I'm a little slow in the learn-in department but that just made me feel plum stupid. LOL. Don't tell me you actually understood what ever it was they were talking about. If so don't tell me, I couldn't handle the strain hehe. You ought to post that link on the off topic board and take a poll to see how many can read it without getting a migraine LOL.
    LOL-It Started to give me one!!!Had to quit reading it,Felt like a pre-schooler tryin to do Graduate work!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm working on getting a pic from our Department of Wildlife.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember when they first introduced grass carp to certain bodies of water. They said they were sterile and didnt reproduce, or atleast that was the public talk and understanding. Them suckers definately reproduced.

Post Thanks / Like

The process is only supposed to make them sterile so I doubt they look any different. If the process isn't done exactly correct some or all of the fry will be fertile and that can be a real problem with certain species in some fisheries. It may only take a few that survive with their fertility intact to reproduce and for their descendants to eventually overpopulate a lake.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast