Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hi everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi everyone

Just want to say hello to everyone. I live in Tifton and do most of my fishing in the South Ga area. Haven't had a chance to go in the last few weeks due to the vast amount of rain we've had but hopefully things are starting to clear a little. Look forward to meeting you all.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

hi skillet i am in fitzgerald and fish the occmulge and blacksher . dont have time to go far . dont like to ride a long wayes . i can catch all the fish i need fishing at home .
    papasage
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Hi papasage,
    I did notice from one of your posts that you were from Fitzgerald. Hope you all made it through the weekend. Got kinda nasty over my way.

I've pretty much been hitting Eufala more than anywhere else. Mainly because I know a few more spots over there to fish in. Was over there a few weeks ago and did pretty decent, even though it was hotter than the devil. I went up to Blackshear Saturday just to mess around for a bit, but the water was muddy and we didn't do too much.

I'm still trying to learn Blackshear so if you have any advice for a newbie on that lake I'd sure appreciate it.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i went to eufaula several times and didnt do to good . every one i talket to said they cought them the first of the week and this was the end of the week . nothing bittind . when i go to blacksher if i dont catch anything i havent drove that far . i have some places i frequentley fish at blacksher . depends on the time of year . we do a lot of camping at the state park but this year my motorhome trannie went south . hope to git it going this week in as the weather is gitting cooler and my time to go over there .
    they had a big sewer spill in atlanta that is running down the river to eufala dont know what it will do to it . i was told that the fish there has a lot of polution a few years ago and this will make it worse .
    the flint and the ocmulge is the cleanest rivers in ga.acording to the bioligist i have talked to . they have a lot of springs flowing into them .
    if you ever over this way stop in for a visit . i have strickland upholstery . it is just off the one way north bound it is one block past 2nd light frome ocilla.

Post Thanks / Like

Papasage,
    Is that the intersection where Cleghorn's Grocery is located or is that too far up the North Bound one-way? I go over that way a good bit for work, next time I'm there, I'll stop in for a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Welcome Skillet !

Hello Skillet, Welcome to Georgia Crappie.Com ! We are always happy to have another Georgia angler aboard. I am in Savannah, Have been here for a good while but I was born in Adel and raised up around Valdosta. You can take the man out of the country, But you can't take the country out of the man. I still have family in Adel.Good to have you aboard and Papasage, good to hear from you again. Take care all! And good fishing. JimmyS

Post Thanks / Like

coner of shermon and lemon . next to the old fitzgerald underware factory

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Papasage. Found it just fine this morning and it was a real pleasure meeting you. Soon as you're ready to hit that river you just let me know and we'll see what we can do with them.

Hi, JimmyS, good to hear from you. I live in Tifton but my office is in Valdosta so I get to pass through the lovely city of Adel twice a day. Good thing you didn't come to visit this past weekend, it got a little ugly down Adel/Valdosta way with Jeanne passing through. Hopefully, all the family made it through without a lot of damage.