Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy

Post Thanks / Like

Default New guy

I've been stopping in here from time to time. So I though it would be a good idea to regester and say hello.
    Keep your line wet

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Jim, good people on hear you'll get some good advice. Check out the KCA posts, we're starting a PA crappie club. Maybe you'd be interested in joining us?

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lawton, PA

Is that the Lawton, PA as in Rt 706 and Rt 267 Susquehanna county?

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome jigerjim, to crappie.com and the Pa boards. This is a great site, and great people. Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback
    Is that the Lawton, PA as in Rt 706 and Rt 267 Susquehanna county?
    Shellback Yes that's the same Lawton. I noticed you are from Montrose Pa. My address is RR5 Montrose. Are you in town ? Or like me
    Keep your line wet

Post Thanks / Like

Default Montrose

I'm about halfway between Montrose and Fairdale just north of 706. If you were coming from Fairdale towards Montrose, there'd be a little covered bridge on your left, I'm up off the the next dirt road to your left. I'm RR 2

Post Thanks / Like

How about that, We are neighbors. I'm up behind St Pat's church off Irish hill road. Do you ever fish Carey, Steven's, Oxbow?
    Keep your line wet

Post Thanks / Like

Default N.e. Pa

I've given both Stevens and Lake Carey a few tries, with minimal success, and I'm not familar with Oxbow. I probably fish in NY state more than PA. The Susky in the Vestal area, Cayuga Lake, Owasco Lake, and Whitney Point Reservior. This year I tried out Tioga Lake and Cowanesque Lake over near Mansfield. I had a few good days over on Tioga but only one crappie on Cowanesque for 3 tries. Tioga lake is connected to Hammond lake and that's where the state record crappie came from. All 3 lakes have been closed since the flood and I believe they are opening again in a couple days. With this cooler weather I want to give Hammond a try. There's no HP restrictions so Tioga lake was a better choice earlier as it doesn't get much ski traffic. It's about 75 miles over there, but all on 706 and Rt6, so it's slow going, almost 2 hours for me. I've fished on Prompton lake over in Wayne county, 10hp max, and it's a real nice lake to fish. Another nice lake in Wayne county is Belmont lake, it's a fish commission lake, electric motors only. It's just over the Susquehanna county line from Herrick Center.

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback
    I've given both Stevens and Lake Carey a few tries, with minimal success, and I'm not familar with Oxbow. I probably fish in NY state more than PA. The Susky in the Vestal area, Cayuga Lake, Owasco Lake, and Whitney Point Reservior. This year I tried out Tioga Lake and Cowanesque Lake over near Mansfield. I had a few good days over on Tioga but only one crappie on Cowanesque for 3 tries. Tioga lake is connected to Hammond lake and that's where the state record crappie came from. All 3 lakes have been closed since the flood and I believe they are opening again in a couple days. With this cooler weather I want to give Hammond a try. There's no HP restrictions so Tioga lake was a better choice earlier as it doesn't get much ski traffic. It's about 75 miles over there, but all on 706 and Rt6, so it's slow going, almost 2 hours for me. I've fished on Prompton lake over in Wayne county, 10hp max, and it's a real nice lake to fish. Another nice lake in Wayne county is Belmont lake, it's a fish commission lake, electric motors only. It's just over the Susquehanna county line from Herrick Center.

Shellback, Do you ice fish? if so, have you ever fished the whitney point derby? I was thinking of trying it this winter. Let me know please. Any info on that lake is appreciated.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Derby

Hello Bob, I haven't gotten into ice fishing myself, I've got a hand auger and have tried it a few times, but I'd rather fish open water! The Crappie Derby on Whitney Point is something to behold, and a great time for all from what friends have told me. Here's their website www.crappiederby.com.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast