Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: No Excuse

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down No Excuse

We spent a few hours over at Rush Run this weekend shore fishing. We witnessed a guy taking FOUR TIMES the limit on trout. We were told about another guy who took 13 out of there. What part of five fish limit do these idiots not understand? One guy made excuses that the man who caught 20 "gave them to his buddy".What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? The guy yesterday said, and I quote," I didn't know there were any limits on fish in Ohio." We also informed him that there is a 6 fish limit on channel cat on any lake under 700 surface acres. A lot of these local guys spend most of their time fishing farm ponds and pay lakes and I'd bet that they don't even have a license. Doug thinks we should be required to have our license visible at all times like a hunter.

How hard is it to read the regs you get handed when you buy your license? - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Roberta, ignorance is no excuse. I'll betcha 95% know their game laws and limits. They just don't give a crap. I turn in every one of them I can. Down the road, these guys will be the first ones crying because there's no fish anymore!!

Post Thanks / Like

Believe me, if I was able to get the guy's vehicle plate number, I would have reported him. What an example for the kids who fish there. - Roberta

Post Thanks / Like

Roberta,sorry for butting in on your post.

Maybe posting this on a board makes you feel better,but accomplishes nothing.Perhaps you had no cell phone or way to contact the game dept.,I don't know.

I have,more than once,left my spot and driven to a payphone to report blatent violations.

Not trying to flame you,but why couldn't you report it?I read where you couldn't get a plate #,but what about a description,location,time of day...?

Post Thanks / Like

We did call district later to suggest the posting of signs. With hunting season in full swing, a wildlife officer wouldn't have been available to enforce the limit while this was going on. Our county wildlife officer has to cover a 430 square mile area.

Haven't you ever just wanted to blow off a little steam with a mostly sympathetic audience? That's why I posted to the Ohio board and not a general one. End of commet on that subject. Roberta.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess it didn't come out the way I meant it.
    Wasn"t meant to be offensive,just if your state had a different system for reporting violations.
    The large area and low manpower is a situations wardens in most states face.