Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: need help on Hardy lake...

Post Thanks / Like

Default need help on Hardy lake...

just wondering if anyone would share some specific spots at Hardy for some nice crappie, maybe specific spots, depth, or ways to catch some nice ones. i know there is some good ones in there. fished it 3 times last spring, 1st trip only caught 3 fish ( 12 to 13 inches) next 2 trips not even a bite, usually put in at wooster and go to the right and fish the first cove on right and out in deeper water, should i go farther back wooster or elswere on the lake. i should would appreciate any help from you guys. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Hard times on Hardy right now, have not been in a couple weeks, but from the last few times out fish were very scattered and have moved out of the stumps. Caught most fish right off the bottom at the mouths of coves, and right off the channel ledges. Not a lot of good fish being caught since spring. You may also want to slow troll the break line along the rock wall to the left of wooster. Good luck, if you can find some large shiners or shad, good sized stripers have been taken since the weather cool down. I can't point you to the spot, but this is what I know.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

thanks locator79, i have not tried that area yet, i probably will not be going for awhile, unless we get alittle bit warmer temps. or at least a few days of sun. have you done any good up in wooster to the right, about were the island is, or maybe down toward the dam to the left,i seen a few sticks and stumps in there

Post Thanks / Like

Default need help on hardy lake

what is the water temp. right now

Post Thanks / Like

Back by island is shallow water, only around 4', I would guess your best bet is to find the deeper structure. I have never done a whole lot in the stick up in the other end of the lake, I have caught some nice bluegill there when they were spawning, but thats about it. A lot of people don't fish it, but heading toward the dam, the first large cove to your left doesn't look like much, but used to be an orchard, and is filled with brushpiles from front to back. Its hit or miss, but sometimes your can limit out in there if catch it at the right time.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944