Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Found a bargain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Found a bargain

Saw a Lowrance LMS 520C with GPS on Craig's List for $250. I have the same on my Champion. They originally sold for over $600. Discontinued last year.
    It's a good locator, not the big screen. Excellent 480X480 color display. Split screen or full screen, more whistles and bells than I have use for. I do use the GPS and the map card, most handy.
    Anyhow, I'll pick it up Monday after he pulls the GPS antenna off his Ranger. Probably put it on the Tracker in place of the Garmin and move the Garmin to the front in place of the little Eagle which isn't much of a locator, mostly used it for depth. I'll be able to see my bait!
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that's a great buy Mike. The 500's, i.e. 510, 520, 522 were very dependable. Never understood why "discontinued" electronics all of a sudden rendered them less effective to fish with. I know of more than a few that would trade their older 500's for their new stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

He had an HDS-5 cheap also, was it already gone? That is a good buy, had a 527 until I bit and upgraded.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a bargin Mike. I have a 510C which has no GPS on the front of my Champion. I can watch a 1/8th oz jig dance on the screen. I caught fish in the quarry a few weeks ago drifting around and watching the screen. I would drop the jig down and dance it just above the fish arches or if I was sitting still they would just show up as a solid line. It worked. Have not had time to fine tune my new HDS unit at the console yet but it looks incredible so far.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 520C with internal antenna and woulda snatched that one up QUICK at that price. That sonar would be GREAT using split screen staying on channel ledges while looking at the structure/bait/fish. Good find. Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger397V View Post
    He had an HDS-5 cheap also, was it already gone? That is a good buy, had a 527 until I bit and upgraded.
    Ranger I'm going to say he still has it. He told me he got a lot of calls on the 520C but no one had any money. I'll see him Monday and ask about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, guess what. I didn't get this Lowrance.
    I asked him if everything was with the locator, cables, plugs, GPS antenna, etc. He said everything except the GPS antenna was there. Told me the GPS antenna was still on his boat and he didn't want to remove it and leave a hole in his boat. I told him I wouldn't buy the locator without the antenna (they're $300). We played phone tag for 4 days, when I finally got him he told me the boat is in Oklahoma and he was going down there over the holidays and would get the antenna while there. He was supposed to return last Sunday evening and I was supposed to call him then. I did, got voice mail, left a message and requested a return call. No return call. Called again Monday, same deal and no return call. So I blew it off.
    I'm wondering if this thing may have been stolen. Too many stories from him.
    He lives over in a BAD part of KCK. The evening I stopped by to take a look at the locator he came to the door with a 9mm auto. Told me he had problems with some black folks in the area who had shot at him in his front yard.
    Oh well. The Garmin works great and I won't have to pull it off and rerig.
    Some stuff on Craig's List is legit, some ain't.

Post Thanks / Like

Like yer title said, FOUND a bargain,,,,,,,, finding and getting are sometimes different. Well played on your part methinks.
    Bulletman aka Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

If a person insists on paying for a large ticket item with cash for a product on Craig's list or any classified, be wary.

Read in the Springfield Fish Wrapper a fellow responded to an add on Craig's list for a car. The seller gave him an address and told him he would only accept cash. He brought a couple thousand in cash with him.

The address was an abandoned house and the supposed seller an accomplice held him at gunpoint and robbed him of his cash. Fellers were not apprehended.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Papermouth View Post
    If a person insists on paying for a large ticket item with cash for a product on Craig's list or any classified, be wary.

Read in the Springfield Fish Wrapper a fellow responded to an add on Craig's list for a car. The seller gave him an address and told him he would only accept cash. He brought a couple thousand in cash with him.

The address was an abandoned house and the supposed seller an accomplice held him at gunpoint and robbed him of his cash. Fellers were not apprehended.

G.
    Sounds like something that would happen down at Sprangfiel. I was a police officer there 5 years. Didn't pay enough.