Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Blue Springs or Lake Jacomo?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Blue Springs or Lake Jacomo?

What lake is better for Crappie and Bass ? Being new to the area , I'm researching good crappie and bass lakes . I know about Smithville , but would like to fish other smaller lakes in the area as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Jacomo has a HP restriction, I want to say it's 25HP, or you have to take your prop off. People fish Jacomo, blue springs, and longview for bass and crappie. They have bass tournaments on both most of the year.

There's a fee per year to fish these lakes, you can look it up on the Jackson Co website. I'm not sure if you can purchase the pass if you don't live in J.CO.

I've seen good bass caught on all the lakes and have caught good crappie on all of them too.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're looking for bass you might try Longview. I know some guys that do very good on that lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Use to do real well on Jacomo for Crappie, never fished much for bass. They also have a good walleye population when you can find them. 40 woods bait and tackle is the authority for both Jacomo and Blue Springs. Give them a shout and they can steer you right; phone number is 816-229-6818

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience, you're better off just going fishing instead of talking to the 40 woods bunch. They usually give the same BS report that the paper has. Good from the docks.

I'd just go. There's fish in all of these lakes, you just have to find them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62 View Post
    Jacomo has a HP restriction, I want to say it's 25HP, or you have to take your prop off. People fish Jacomo, blue springs, and longview for bass and crappie. They have bass tournaments on both most of the year.

There's a fee per year to fish these lakes, you can look it up on the Jackson Co website. I'm not sure if you can purchase the pass if you don't live in J.CO.

I've seen good bass caught on all the lakes and have caught good crappie on all of them too.
    Thats what I heard . I have a 40 hp , without a prop . It's a jet drive . I wonder what they would do in my case .
    I'll probably just fish Blue Springs. I heard about the Independence Bass Club that holds tournaments on the lakes in the area .