Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: solid body with open cavity?

Post Thanks / Like

Default solid body with open cavity?

Wow 1st to post on a new forum. Thanks slab. This should be informative.
    My first goal is to create a method that makes an open pocket in the body that will allow me to utilize a baitpump (or Slab's stuff) to inject into the hole in a solid body. Any suggestions?

boatstall
    "Hello, My name is Bill, and I'm a tackleholic"

Post Thanks / Like

you could use a rod inserted into a mold to give you the pocket, much like a fluke is made with the hook slot.

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by guest01 View Post
    you could use a rod inserted into a mold to give you the pocket, much like a fluke is made with the hook slot.
    I thought some of you old-timers might enjoy reading this one. These are probably the first two that got this a going of course the bottom one is quest01 maybe some day he'll come back and make some comments.

www.bobsjigs.com

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You could make a hole or a pocket by heating a small metal rod ( maybe heat the end of a small size phillips screwdriver) and inserting it into the body maybe....just thinking out loud here. I bet Shipahoy knows how.
    Last edited by "G"; 02-26-2011 at 07:09 PM.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

boatstall got a slight jump on me snake and beat me to the first post ha ha, ol guest was in the process of setting it up for us but I could not get on in time to be first. Oh well, I am just glad it got started, look how far we have come.

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    boatstall got a slight jump on me snake and beat me to the first post ha ha, ol guest was in the process of setting it up for us but I could not get on in time to be first. Oh well, I am just glad it got started, look how far we have come.
    yes, we have come a long ways and we got a long ways to go yet before we know all the tricks I think mo has gotten pretty fancy with his trout. I don't know if I could ever get that good but definitely having fun trying. We poured some baits today we are definitely have an fun with the carrots Rick is going to get busy and start building my tube skirt mold I think it will be his last one. These making the carrot also but he's only got it and inch and a half I'm sure that he will make the 2 inch we're going to find out I think everybody is making that mold. Now they're baits has their version also in the crappie section. I haven't even got it in the water yet but I think it's going to be good. We made up some carrots today and used one drop of motor oil and one drop of root beer and we added red glitter. Wow come out fantastic a different look entirely I think we used a 4 ounces of plastic or maybe more so. We want to make more of that particular color we tried 2 color today. It has a fantastic look I did not post any only once I posted were the chartreuse and red yesterday but I used pearl white and red and made a great look and bait entirely different.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Fisherman View Post
    You could make a hole or a pocket by heating a small metal rod ( maybe heat the end of a small size phillips screwdriver) and inserting it into the body maybe....just thinking out loud here. I bet Shipahoy knows how.
    I haven't heard too much out of you , you old geezer . I suppose you been out fishing or maybe shoveling snow yet.

www.bobsjigs.com

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

busy....boat shopping....old geezer?....you must be talking about Ship, lmaoRofl
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Fisherman View Post
    busy....boat shopping....old geezer?....you must be talking about Ship, lmaoRofl
    what kind of boat are you looking for pop.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snake River View Post
    what kind of boat are you looking for pop.
    A crappie boat what else is there old man
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast