Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: polarized glasses

Post Thanks / Like

Question polarized glasses

Hey I'm going to get some new glasses next mo. so what kind of prescription polarized glasses do you guys like?? and what lens color ? work best for you on the water
    , I would like to get them in BI-fo , getiing Old can't seeKnow you guys wear them and tried alot so what brand do you like best?
    THANKS
    And MERRY X-MAS
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Just Make Sure You Are Getting Real Quality I Got Mine At Rx Sears And They Are Not Good .. I Bought A Pair Clip On's At Bps And Love Them , $40.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the aviator style frames by Flexon they're dang near indestructable. The aviator style offers more protection from the sun, the granny style glasses are cute.. but I can't see diddley squat out of them in the sun.

I don't use the polarized lenses, I prefer the Photogray that turn from light to dark out in the sun. that way I don't have to keep up with 2 pairs of glasses.

If you get the bifocals, have them blended instead of the lined. You can't tell they're bifocals until you put them on and they're easier to adjust to.

I prefer glass lenses over plastic, they last much longer and won't scratch like the plastic. They will want to sell you the plastic lenses because the won't last as long and you'll have to go back sooner for another pair of glasses. They will tell you the glass lenses are heavy... they aren't.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Maui Jims polarized progressive lens, and I like them. Pretty pricey, but I wear them all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed that you wanted RX Glasses ... Been using them for years ... they take my eye RX and make the lens and with all glass for it to be Polorized it has to be of plastic which is in a film that coats the lens wether it be glass or plastic ... I use Bi Focals for my regular glasses but the Polor's or my "Distance" only lensess .. use them mostly for driving and fishin ... other type of Sun glasses will not let you see beyond the surface of the water. Makes it easier to spot beds, stumps & etc. besides being easier on the eyes.

There are some GOOD Polorized that are made to fit over you regular glasses and are "Wrap Arounds" that keeps the side light out ...

Hope this helps a little

JSC

2 cents worth

Just had to add on after re reading .. Color::: most of the boat capts in this area use the Amber lens for use in the gulf ... I perfer Gray ... just have try them out to see what works best for you ... note the amber lets in more light and there are case that I like them .. this is also "Shooters" color. Most regular Polorized you see on the Sunglass racks or a shade of blue.
    Last edited by JSC; 12-20-2009 at 09:37 AM.
    JSC On The Choctawhatchee

Post Thanks / Like

I will never have another pair of no line glasses.When tying line or reading,to small an area of the glass to work with.
    CATCH FILLET

Post Thanks / Like

I use Oakley amber polarized prescription lenses, and they work great for me, but are spendy.

Post Thanks / Like

Kaenon (Kore style) are the best I have ever owned. I know they do Rx also. Pretty pricey, but great, with no distortion. Amber (think they call theirs Copper) is my choice. Actually for cloudy conditions, but you can choose from I think 3 different shades (amount of light that gets through). Tons of info on their site.

Post Thanks / Like

I wear the Fitovers. Had the Cocoons but they were not as clear as the Fitovers. If you have a Cabelas near you try them on.

Post Thanks / Like

I got Polarized prescription sunglasses from a local eyeglass place (Medical Arts Optical). I picked out frames that are somewhat "wrap-around" and got the brown/amber color lenses, which seem to work better in low-light conditions than green or gray. I need the prescription (for distance) even when I don't need them for sunglasses (early morning, late evening, cloudy days) and they do well for me.

With Polarized glass you don't need to have nearly as dark of lenses because they cut the glare, which is what makes you squint and causes eye strain. Of course they help you see down in the water too but that's secondary to me.

If I remember right, my frames and lenses weren't much more than $100. Of course that didn't include an eye exam.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast